Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2014, 05:15 PM   #1

Lost a window on our last trip

So the fire escape window in the front bedroom was gone when we got home. I guess my son was playing up there and pulled the two latches to the open position. Anyway I ordered a replacement window 4 weeks ago and it still isn't in. Wife and I are planning a trip next weekend but getting nervous with no window in site. How long should it take? It's the frame with the hinge that we had to order. On a 365saq. Guess that's something we will be checking before we leave ANYWHERE from now on. Lol
2014 sandpiper 365saq fifth wheel.
shane langston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:36 PM   #2

I wouldve called where I ordered by this point.Making sure it wasnt backordered.
Rtazz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #3

Our dealer sold two 35ROK, we got one and another couple got the other. They have had a ton of problems with thiers including losing the exit window while going down the road. Knock cyber wood, our unit has been perfect.

Our Camping Adventures
Camper: 2014 Sandpiper 35ROK
Nights Camped in 2012 (truck camper) 16
Nights Camped in 2013 48
Brian and Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane langston View Post
So the fire escape window in the front bedroom was gone when we got home. I guess my son was playing up there and pulled the two latches to the open position. Anyway I ordered a replacement window 4 weeks ago and it still isn't in. Wife and I are planning a trip next weekend but getting nervous with no window in site. How long should it take? It's the frame with the hinge that we had to order. On a 365saq. Guess that's something we will be checking before we leave ANYWHERE from now on. Lol
Cut a pc of Lexan and bolt thru the Lexan and z shaped metal clamps until the window gets here. Use painters tape to seal it to the trailer and not harm the finish temporarily. Don't let the window stop you from camping.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

I 2nd the lexan, but I think I'd go with cardboard or saran wrap if I had to opposed to staying home. Where there's a will there's a way.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Cut a pc of Lexan and bolt thru the Lexan and z shaped metal clamps until the window gets here. Use painters tape to seal it to the trailer and not harm the finish temporarily. Don't let the window stop you from camping.
X2 but instead of painters tape you could use weather caulk (clear and easy to remove).
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #7

We lost ours somewhere in GA along I75 on our way to Disney. I had to order mine also and it took around 5 weeks, and it was the wrong one. They ordered me the lower bunk window which is 2" taller. Then it took 2 weeks! I now have some velcro to keep it from opening up accidently. I think my daughter bumped it while sleeping.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote