Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 AM   #1

New 300BH Owner with questions....Help Please

Hi there, my wife and i along with our 2 boys picked up our New 2011 Sandpiper 300BH last week and immediatley went camping for a week. We are enjoying the new FW but i have a few questions that i'm hoping someone in this forum can help me with. Our previoud FW was a 2007 Wildcat with rear bunks and rear garage storage area. It had only the one slide and it was operated by the hydraulic pump (worked Great!) the front legs/landing gear was also operated with the same hydraulic pump and it worked Awesome, it was powerful and a very quick system. Our New 2010 300BH has 3 slides and they are operated by a hydraulic pump (they work Great,powerful and quick) the front legs/landing gear However are operated by an electric motor. The motor works fine however is noisy and is also the slowest moving system i have ever seen in my life....some of my regular camping friends even asked if it was even moving while i was pushing the button to extend the legs. My question is, does anyone know of a gearing fix for the electric portion of the landing gear OR better yet is there a way to convert the landing gear to hydraulic and use the same pump that is used for the slides?

thanks for reading and helping out this new Sandpiper owner.
flo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #2

I think you have a problem with your landing gear shouldnt be that slow or noisy but this is only a guess but it just doesnt sound right to me i think i call the dealer and tell them since this is brand new
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 AM   #3

I have a 2011 Sandpiper just picked it up this month. My landing gear is also electric and noisy. It is also very slow. This is my first FW so didn't know any better. I presume that is the way Forest River landing gear operates. Good luck with your new FW.
Bayouownbeer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper