I have been complaining on how poor the heat works in my camper so i decided to do some testing. I bought a handheld wind meter and checked my vents to see how hard they blow. I have 4 vents in my camper. 1 in the master and upstairs bathroom. They are both fed by a duct that two hoses from the furnace connect to. I have a vent in the main room and the kids room, these are also fed by another duct and 2 other hoses from the furnace feed this duct. My main concern is heating the kids room.
If I run the furnace the way it was designed the 2 upstairs registers flow 5mph. The main room flows 4mph and the kids room flows 3.5mph.
If I close all the vents but the kids room it will flow 8mph. I then checked to see ho hard the hoses will blow without the duct. I added a 5th hose to the furnace and put a round register on it. It will blow 12mph and the kids room maintained 8mph.
So it seems the ducting is very inefficient in my camper.
I decided to add a register to one of my air intake vents under the stairs to help heat the main room while still providing the most heat to the kids room.
I cut the stock register to accept the new round register.
Here it is installed in the register.
Here is the hose routed under the stairs.
Here is the octopus of hoses from the furnace.
I can now sit on the couch and feel the air from my new vent, and the kids room feels good.