Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #1

New 365SAQ

Picked up a new 365SAQ from RVWholesalers Wednesday last week. Love the floodplan! RVWholesalers was great through the whole process...had reservations about an out of state purchase, but did my research and gained a comfort level with it. I couldn't have been more pleased with their process...I was well taken care of! I am watching for the linoleum bubbling issue, but haven't seen it yet. Just thought I would post something positive about the unit and RVW and see if anyone else wants to chime in on either topic...365SAQ or RVW.
kraftchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:54 PM   #2

365 saq

Congrads on the new 365. We have used ours twice and it is one very nice unit!
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:20 PM   #3

Thanks Carson. The Wednesday of the pickup we camped at Indian Lake Campground about 3 miles from RVW, on Thursday we drove about 6 hours and camped at Camp Creek State Park below Beckley, WV, then drove Friday to Stone Mtn. State Park campground outside Elkin, NC for the weekend. So we've had 4 nights in it so far and are planning on camping this weekend locally at Tanglewood campground in Clemmons, NC. We actually did some hot dogs and hamburgers on the Coleman grill in our driveway one night this week....the neighbors gave us pretty good looks on that one...HA! I mounted a TV in the bunk room last night, but have found that I'm having trouble getting any good reception back there, whereas the main cabin TV doesn't have that problem. I do have the boost turned on....could it be the length the boost has to push the signal? Does anybody else with a 365SAQ have that issue?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #4

We started off with a 355QBQ in 2011. We told the factory rep we wanted certain things different like the cabinets changed, side aisle and the like. We liked the 355 but I went in last spring for a water filter and our salesman couldn't wait to show me the 365(exactly what we discussed with the 355). Making a long story short, we ordered a 2012 365SAQ and haven't looked back. WE absolutely love the rig. I just wish they had 7k axles under them for a little breathing room as these are HEAVY units. Congrats on the purchase and I hope you love yours as well as we have ours!
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #5

Thanks GolfMedik....we've had six nights in it so far and are only bummed at how busy we will be through May and June and not likely have an opportunity to camp again until July. Might have to camp a night or two with the kids in it in the back yard...Ha! We do love this floor plan, the space in the bunkhouse is unbelievable.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #6

Congratulation's, We love our 365SAQ this is our second season with it.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #7

Hey guys, love to hear your loving your 365 SAQ. We also have one and purchased just before Thanksgiving last year and did not really get to use it until this year and we have basically lived in it for the last month. I do have a question, does your front compartment underneath the fifth wheel have a light? I found it odd that all of the compartments except for this one has one. Are they all like this or was it just overlooked on mine? I do have the bubbles coming up in the kitchen floor, and I am sure it is happening because we have run the a/c a lot the first two weeks of this month due to no shade. They are right against the carpet, and the dealership said to just bring it in with a list and that they would take care of everything. We love this unit, and have been very pleased other wise.
Spencer Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #8

The main storage unit has a light but not the compartment that a generator would go in. I always thought that was kind of funny too.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM   #9

Spencer, I have wondered the exact same thing...that compartment definitely needs a light. When things slow down for us a bit, I plan on wiring in a light there. Not to change subjects, but a similar peculiarity...with all the other features included, why did they not put in a battery cutoff switch? I installed my own directly on the battery post, but now have to remember to set it before hooking up and traveling....knowing that with it disconnected I would have no power to the brakes in the case of a trailer breakaway. Actually, I'm going to look into a different solution such that the breakaway switch remains powered with the battery cutoff to the coach disengaged....I've seen a diagram in another post somewhere.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #10

Careful of drawers with 365SAQ!

Make certain you strap the drawers in the bunkroom before transit. I found this out the hard way last November and i'm still paying for it. I didn't strap one of the drawers and it opened during transit. When one of my sons started opening the slides the drawer lodged itself between one of the rear slides and the drawer casing. Bad Bad situation. Of course you cant see all this happening because the rear door to the bunkhouse is shut. Blew out the slide bracket assembly as well as the bottom of the slide. I'm amazed the drawer didn't just splinter and collapse but it didnt. Took quite a bit of body work to fix it and in the process the shop severed a water line. Found that out one night after the boys and i got the unit back up to the farm so back to the shop we went. Got that fixed and now another problem has developed in that the same slide is hanging up on one side when i try to retract it. So back to the shop we go hopefully for the last time. It's the gift that keeps on giving so learn from my mistake. It was a bonehead move but one of those things that happen when you head to the wild outdoors with 10, 9, and 4 year old boys in tow. Thanks.
Woody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #11

well, I feel like this is an oversight by forest river and I am asking them to put one in for me. I also have a list of things for them to fix. I have been in my new camper since June 17th, and it has given me time to find things that need to be fixed under warranty. For whatever reason, my gas water heater has stopped working, so that along, with pimple like spots under the rubber roof at the front of the camper on the door side and the floor bubbling up in the kitchen. I will not bore you with the other minor things, but I feel like if I am going to pay this kind of money, they should make it right, and i believe that they will. Good people at the dealership where I bought it.
Spencer Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq