Old 01-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
New Purchase 366FL

Just purchased a new fifth wheel. Purchased a 366FL Sandpiper that we will take delivery of next weekend, Awesome looking camper that appears to be well built. Anyone have any suggestions about what I need to double check when I go to pick up the camper? Thanks for you suggestions.

f350chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new 5th wheel. It's going to be an emotional and exciting time when you go to pick it up. Suggest you do a search for PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) checklist that will give you an idea of what to look and look out for. Make sure everything works, AC, furnace, fridge, water pump, stove/oven, microwave, water heater, all interior lights & outlets, exterior lights, etc. Don't sign anything until you're 100% satisfied. If there is something you don't understand ask the service tech doing the PDI again.

PDI checklist link:

2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Pay close attention to the flooring in kitchen area. They had a lot of problems with the 365 models. Flooring was bubbling up. Also check for bubbles on the roof. Congratulations with your new RV, enjoy it!!!
Superdutykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
We have the 366FL. Love the floor plan.

The floor in the kitchen was bubbled from day one. I elected not to have the dealer repair the problem due to the cabinets being removed for the repair. We also know that when the warranty was out, we would replace the floor covering with a high quality vinyl tile. Even if the bubble was not there, I would have made the change. The new tile does not show dust and dirt as bad and we prefer the slate tile look.

We do not dry camp, however, I did add a second battery. The refrigerator and other systems seem to have a large power drain.

Being from West Texas, I had a tinting company do the windows. This was for both heat and to reduce light in the bedroom. When we purchased ours, I did not know that you could order a 5th wheel with 3 AC units. Learn that information from a Forest River rep last week at a RV show. That AC would be nice in the living room. The other information we gathered at that show is that we truly love our 5th wheel and glad we made the purchase.

I blow the fuse for the remote control, easy fix. That is the only other problem I have had. Pulled the trailer 3527 miles last year and stayed 63 nights.

The basement storage is not every good, but we still manage the tote everything we have for the last 3 trailers. We did not get the underneath storage, nor plan to add it.

You will love your purchase.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
Thanks for the info. I will most definitely check the floor and the roof for bubbles. Removed everything from the old camper today and realized there is no way it will fit in the storage area of the 366FL. It does not have the under frame storage compartment but the dealer did order it to put on later. I know it will help.
f350chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
Watch main slide.

We love our 366FL, just got back from 2 days trip to Oak Mountain SP and it was nice to get away. Watch your dining room slide for creeping out especially while driving. My dealer and FR finally fixed the problem, took nearly two months. They replaced all of the hydraulics in the dining room slide and in front basement to realize the issue was a valve in the bedroom slide. Also had to replace landing gear due too leaks. Have your dealer close off the duct between the bathroom and bedroom, this will force more cool air to the living room, you don't need the main A/C cooling the bedroom with the second A/C. I have had no issues with the floor or roof bubbling. Best of luck with your new rig.
Halmfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
Congrats on your purchase. I hope you love your Sandpiper as much as we do ours. We've had 2 Sandpipers in 2.5 years and loved them both. We've had the under frame storage on both of them and it really came in handy. As the guys above stated, make sure everything works and then try to camp somewhere close to the dealer shorty after purchasing, if possible. Kind of a 'shake down' trip if you will. Good luck and happy camping!

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is online now   Reply With Quote