Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
New Sandpiper 300BH fit and finish issues.

I bought a new 300BH fifth wheel and I thought I would share some of the little fit and finish issues I have discovered so far. Almost everything is a simple repair and I am pretty handy so it shouldn't require a trip to the dealer.

A couple issues to be resolved:

A chip out of the counter top edge. They are sending us new edging.

The 3 button straps don't hold the sliding door closed for even the first corner. I need to find somd kind of turn latch or maybe a prop rod to hold it open.

About 1/2 of the door latches need to be adjusted because the same doors are open every stop.

A few staples in the carpet sticking up where it meets the linolium.

We need to find a better way to hold the outside fridge from sliding around.
The strap they provide does nothing at all.

They used 2 screws to hold an access panel down right when you walk in.
They certainly could have done better with that as the screws are quite visible.

Our ceiling fan is missing 4 out of 8 screws so each blade is only holding on by 1/2 a thread. I assume they vibrated out but I haven't gone looking for the missing screws yet.

Other then these few issues we are very happy with how the camper looks, pulls etc. We know that campers are rarely perfect so we expected a few minor issues. We haven't used it yet so more to come.

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Team
Did you do a dealer inspection walk thru???

KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Yes we did but some things we missed and some things surfaced after the 1000 mile drive home. I am pretty sure the fan was fine when we left for example. We couldn't know that the snaps wouldn't hold the sliding door etc.
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote