Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #1

New Sandpiper 365 SAQ

We just purchased a 2014 Sandpiper 365 SAQ. Used it 3 times and getting all the little bugs worked out. Had a water leak from the half bath due to the water connection not being connected. Had to replace the inside micro-wave that didn't heat. And now my biggest issue is trying to get my satelite working in all the ports. I set up my dish, reciever, and tv direct to make sure I have a good signal. Started in the front bedroom where I had no problem. Moved to the main and the rear where no signal is being recieved.
I read some forums and checked all the connections inside and out. Even pulled my fireplace out to make sure there was no connection problems. I've cross referenced every combination from the outside plugs to the inside and no luck. I'm aware of not having on the antenna light for satelite or cable.
Is there anything else I can check since all the wiring is behind the walls. It should be a plug and play right?

Any suggestion?
sewoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #2

Some are having to take out the connector(wall unit) behind the main TV and straighten out the mess of wires there. The factory really has made a mess of these wires at times. Check all connectors that you can find. Some have found that the connectors are not crimped tight enough. Come down to the Sandpiper and Sierra forums at the bottom of the main page. There is lots of discussion about this there. The Sierra is the sister unit to the Sandpiper.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #3

Are you using Dish or DirecTV? If Direct, is it a SWM technology dish? Do you have a Sat input on the outside, or is it a combined Sat/Cable input?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #4

Most of my saq was miswired between cable and satellite. I do not use or intend to use satellite so I started at the docking station, took off the access panel to the left of it in the storage and systematically went through the camper removing cover plates and straightened out all the splitters. I abandoned satellite and just have park cable connected.
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq, sandpiper