Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #1

New SP owner

Well, we bit the bullet and traded in the 2015 Nitro Toy Hauler for a 2018 Sandpiper 369KBAR. Took a slight hit in the trade, but well worth it. We haven't even had a chance to go glamping yet and we already love it. We go visit nightly for drinks in the lounge (we have a garage next to the house for parking, complete with power pedestal).

Only a couple of fairly minor issues that we've found. The main issue being that the auto level doesn't complete, which I've posted about and Lippert is trying to help me with. Since I can still level by pushing a button or two, I'm not tremendously put out by it as long as I am getting some assistance to get it figured out and fixed.

So many differences between this and the TH. The only thing we miss is all that storage space we had in the garage. It's like downsizing houses except this house is actually bigger! LOL!

Looking forward to many happy trips in the new rig. The first will be next month over the xmas holiday.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:10 AM   #2

Congrats from ohio! I love that layout, if only we didn’t have kids lol. Maybe someday
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Congrats from ohio! I love that layout, if only we didn’t have kids lol. Maybe someday

Hehe. Well, we don't have kids, we have dogs. The patio deck lets us sit "outside" with the dogs and not have them on leashes. We loved that part of the TH so much that it was a deal breaker of a new rig didn't have it.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAndJane View Post
Well, we bit the bullet and traded in the 2015 Nitro Toy Hauler for a 2018 Sandpiper 369KBAR. Took a slight hit in the trade, but well worth it. We haven't even had a chance to go glamping yet and we already love it. We go visit nightly for drinks in the lounge (we have a garage next to the house for parking, complete with power pedestal).

Only a couple of fairly minor issues that we've found. The main issue being that the auto level doesn't complete, which I've posted about and Lippert is trying to help me with. Since I can still level by pushing a button or two, I'm not tremendously put out by it as long as I am getting some assistance to get it figured out and fixed.

So many differences between this and the TH. The only thing we miss is all that storage space we had in the garage. It's like downsizing houses except this house is actually bigger! LOL!

Looking forward to many happy trips in the new rig. The first will be next month over the xmas holiday.
I'm looking at one tomorrow. How do you like it? Any major issues?
richardk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:54 AM   #5

Where did you find yours. Sadly they only made it for 2 years.

No, we've not had any real issues. About the only thing that's somewhat a disappointment is the patio has to have the leg braces put down for support. We were used to the toy hauler that had no need of any other support for the patio other than the cables. Because it's so wide, this one requires more support. A lot of places we go camping, the drop to the ground is further than the legs will extend. We got a kingpin stabilizer and modified it to work as a support. We still can't use the patio steps in those cases, but we can use the patio.

Other than that, just the same old minor issues you have in all of them. Just annoyances more than anything else.

Good luck with your new rig!
Old 05-04-2018, 07:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAndJane View Post
Where did you find yours. Sadly they only made it for 2 years.

No, we've not had any real issues. About the only thing that's somewhat a disappointment is the patio has to have the leg braces put down for support. We were used to the toy hauler that had no need of any other support for the patio other than the cables. Because it's so wide, this one requires more support. A lot of places we go camping, the drop to the ground is further than the legs will extend. We got a kingpin stabilizer and modified it to work as a support. We still can't use the patio steps in those cases, but we can use the patio.

Other than that, just the same old minor issues you have in all of them. Just annoyances more than anything else.

Good luck with your new rig!
there's one in Memphis at davis motorhome, around where i live, they have marked it way down and i kind of like the floor plan, but im worried about the living room and where the couches is to see the tv.

do yall have any complaints about the floor plan other than the patio?
richardk85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:02 AM   #7

No complaints. We don't really watch the tv (we use it for streaming music more than anything else) so I can't speak to how visible it is from all the seats. It seems ok from the recliners.

The stereo on the patio is the standard automotive piece of crap. I'd much rather them have just hooked those speakers into the same zone as the other outside speakers.

We do have the residential fridge and the capacity make it a game changer for my DW getting all prepped and loaded for a trip over the fridge we had in the previous rig. Even if we didn't have the ice maker, the freezer would save us a small fortune in ice too. LOL!

All in all, if you don't need all the sleeping space that most other campers provide, it's a nice rig.