Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #21

Bob,

Sorry for the confusion - just the opposite:

The Concertone that was installed in my former camper was indeed a true 5.1 system with a center speaker and subwoofer. All speakers including the sub and center worked just fine. For a Camper unit, the sound experience was not bad at all.

Poor quality was intended to be "As Built Quality". According the the forum and like many other Concertone owners I had my problems. The remote stopped working after 6 months. I actually had a repair ticket scheduled with my dealer when we decided to upgrade to another camper.

This post was intended to let people know that the 2012 Sandpiper/Sierra 365 SAQ does not have a 5.1 system installed. They advertise a Home Theater System and many people (like Me) assume it is a 5.1 system. The Jensen system IS NOT a 5.1 system and the installed speakers do not qualify because there is no Subwoofer and no Center Speaker. However, by definition the system does meet the criteria for a minimal Home Theater System with surround sound.

The Concertone ZX690 that was installed on my Flagstaff does advertise as being a 5.1 system and in fact was as advertised.
Bigjimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #22
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
AHHH, thanks for the clarification.

And yes, our systems are the ONLY TRUE 12Volt 5.1 Surround Sound Systems available.

Thanks for taking to time to help me understand!
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:57 PM   #23

385 SAQ Furnace Question

I also posted on the general tech forum but after surfing around i found this post. Good to know there are others on this forum with the same unit I have. I've run the furnace twice now in my unit. Warm air comes out of the floor vents as it should but i'm also getting cool air out of the ceiling vents. i have owned other units in the past and didn't experience this. I'm curious whether this is normal and the system is simply set up this way to move air through the cabin. Comments are appreciated. Thanks.
Woody1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 AM   #24

Woody1,

My 2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ has a Dometic AC with Heat Strip in the bedroom. It also has a Ducted 15,000 btu Dometic AC in the rear of the camper. The rear unit is operated by a single zone Dometic Digital LCD Thermostat. The central furnace is also connected to this same thermostat.

My settings are 72 degrees (cool mode) - 68 degrees (heat mode) with a 2 degree swing value.

If I place the fan in auto mode (AU), the AC fan does not run when Heat Mode is selected. The furnace will kick on and off normally like a traditional thermostat.

However, if the fan mode is set to low or high, the AC fan will run while the heater is on.

I did not have time to play with temperature settings to see if the AC fan ever goes of while in heat mode.

Hope this helps
Old 10-19-2011, 07:24 AM   #25

Bigjimt, thanks. It sounds like we have the same set up. How did you change the fan setting? Do you simply select "fan" and then use the + or - buttons to select low, high, or auto? As you can see i havent spent a whole lot of time experimenting. hard to do while trying to keep watch over my 3 boys while we're there. I plan on paying closer attention to the systems over the weekend.

One more question, have you tried to run your unit on 120 volt service only. By that I mean a 50 amp cord attached to a 30 amp adapter attached to a 120 volt connector and then plugged directly into a 110/120 volt outlet. i'm told I can do this just as i did with the travel trailers i've owned. Obviously, i'll be severely limited as to what i can run but what i'm mainly concerned with is the furnace.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #26

Woody1,

If your Thermostat is like mine you will have three options on the left side which are (Fan / Cool / Furnace). At the bottom you have the (On/Off Mode) button and on the right is the + and - buttons.

Yes - When in Fan Mode use the + and - buttons to select fan speed that is (Hi - Low or Automatic).

When in Cool Mode use the + and - buttons to select the temperature you wish to maintain while in Cool Mode (using the AC).

When in Furnace Mode use the + and - buttons to select the temperature you wish to maintain in Furnace Mode (using the Furnace).

There are other options that can be accessed using the thermostat but I would suggest that you read the manual first.
Old 10-19-2011, 12:47 PM   #27

Woody1,

I keep my camper connected to single pole - 120 volt - 30 amp circuit while it is parked at my house. Yes you are limited to what can be run but I would not say you are severly limited. You can run ANYTHING in your camper while connected to a 120 volt/30 amp circuit. The catch is that you must be careful about running things together. You can't run both AC units with 30 amps. A toaster and microwave along with the AC will pop the breaker. Hair Dryer with microwave and AC will do you in. Things that rely on 12 volts are considered low power items and should not give you problems (see below). During cold weather you should actually be able to easily supply most of your power needs with 30 amps. This is mainly because your AC is one of the biggest power users and is not needed.

120 volts is necessary for things like:
Air Conditioners (15 - 18 amps) - running not starting
Microwaves (8-9 amps)
TV (3-4 amps)
Electric Element on Hot Water Heater (12-13 amps)
Toaster (12 - 15 amps)
Hair Dryer (12 - 15 amps)
Some 120 volt lights
Anything plugged into a 120 volt outlet

You should unplug your camper from shore power and see what will operate while under 12 volt battery only - you may be surprised...

Under 12 volts only (along with LP Gas) you should be able to use:
Water Heater (on Gas)
Oven/Range
Oven Vent (12v)
Furnace (12v & gas)
Water Pump (12v)
Fridge (on Gas)
most of your lights (12v in and out)
slide out hydraulic pump (12v)
landing gear (12v)
vent fans (12v)
Electric Awning (12v)
Radio (12v)
Old 10-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #28

Bigjimt, this is great information. I appreciate it. I assume when you're talking about "single pole - 120 volt - 30 amp circuit" you mean the traditional 3 prong house plug. So you plug a 30 amp adapter into your 50 amp shore power cord and then a 3 prong adapter into the 30 amp adapter? That's what my dealer explained to me. Or do you have a 30 amp pedestal at your home so that you don't even have to use the three prong adapter? Reason I ask is I'll be bringing my unit back to my house soon and I want to be able to plug it up there. just want to be sure we're talking about the same set up.

Once again, I appreciate your input. Very helpful.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #29

Woody1,
I installed a 120 volt 30 amp circuit 15 years ago when I purchased my first fiver. The shore power cable to 30 amp adapter to a 15 amp adapter is correct if you wish to plug the camper into a duplex receptacle.
With 15 amps you should be able to run most things without any problem. I would not attempt to run the AC or hot water heater element.
I would suggest having a 120 volt 30 amp circuit installed at some point if you wish to run the AC while at home.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:20 PM   #30

Bigjimt,

Got the fan issue worked out this morning. Gonna be cold here this weekend. Had to get the furnace turned on so I don't have a frozen line issue. Thanks again.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:02 AM   #31

thermostat

woody1,

you have probably already thought of this, but here is an idea. I took a basic floor heater, 2 actually and a home thermostat, I made a tail so that I could plug the floor heater into the thermostat and then plug the thermostat into the wall. it all runs on electricity just like your home thermostat, no gas needed.
Spencer Beaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:14 AM   #32

I plan on picking up a floor heater as well. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #33

I got my 345Ret back in Jan. we love it all except for the couch it has been a problem from day 1 but I finaly fixed it after I called them and camping world supposely fixed it I got home and it still wasent fixed so I did it my self in about 30 min.the part where the blow up lays on top of it came loose from the back and they tried to restaple it but they do not hold well and look at the back of the couch also mine did not have the leather all the way around it there was bare places showing !!Good luck but I know you will enjoy it !!
cefloyd is offline   Reply With Quote