Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2015, 12:36 PM   #1

Options advice

We're planning on buying a Sandpiper 371REBH for a year-long full-time trip around the US (myself, my wife, and our boy, age six).

We're probably going to order one to be built and I am considering the following options.

Does any of this look like over-kill? It will be our first time RVing.

12V Deep Cycle Battery
• Signature Package: 9 Cu Ft Stainless Refrigerator, Stainless Appliance Package, Serta Memory Foam Mattress, Whirlpool OTR Microwave, Stone Backsplash, Soft Close Residential Drawers, Docking Station, High Gloss Color Matched Gel Coated Fiberglass Exterior, 40 inch Flat Screen TV, Premium Sound Bar with Sony DVD Player, Fantastic Fan in Bathroom, Tri Fold Hide-A-Bed, One touch Dometic Electric Awning w/LED Light Strip, LED Interior Lighting Throughout, Residential Stain Resistant Carpet, Slam Lock Baggage Doors, 15K AC, Wire and Brace for 2nd AC, Residential Pullout Kitchen Faucet, 10 GAL G/E Water Heater w/DSI, 16 inch Spare Tire Kit, Aluminum Wheels w/7K Axles, Washer/Dryer Prep, 10,000 Gallon Water Filter System, Designer Tile BeauFlor, Aerodynamic Fiberglass, Painted Front Cap this is a mandatory package
• ULTIMATE PACKAGE - Premium Solid Surface Kitchen Countertops, Wide Surface Hydraulic Landing Gear, 20CUFT Stainless Whirlpool French Door Residential Refrigerator w/1,000 Watt Inverter and Battery Disconnect, Hydraulic Slide Selector Switchethis also is a mandator packages
• Polar Tech Package: Heated Holding Tanks, Thermal Pane Windows, R-38E Roof and All Floors Insulation, 40K BTU Furnace, Double Fiberglass Insulation in Roof and Floor
• 4 Slideout Awnings
• Free Standing Dinette w/4 Chairs
• Second Air Conditioner in Bedroom
• Fantastic Fan w/Switch and Power Hood in Bunk Room
• Fantastic Fan w/Switch and Power Hood in Kitchen
• Fantastic Fan w/Switch and Power Hood in Living Room
• 6 Point Hydraulic Leveling System
• Equaflex Suspension Equalizer System
• ROTO Flex Hitch Pin
• Fantastic Fan - 3-speed fan with Reverse & Thermostat (I'm thinking to have this installed instead of one of the other fans in one of the rooms, probably the kitchen)

Thoughts? Advice?
OnSabbatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:10 PM   #2

Just my personal two cents, nothing is overkill if it is what you want. At the same time, I purchased what I consider the big stuff, then upgrade add other items myself to save money. Options aren't always needed but are nice when they are....example, my gen set is a 10.5, I could get by with smaller, but when it is 100 degrees out and there are five people in 5th, both Acs are nice and not have to **** down everything to run them. The draw back I have only used Gen on 5th twice in two years but was worth it both times. (I can use gen around house and other places.)

So in a nutshell my advice, is set it up like you want it.

Enjoy

Outlawadventurer
2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 6.7L
2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
OutlawAdventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #3

Thanks, and what is a "gen set?"
Old 02-13-2015, 01:26 PM   #4

Sorry, generator setup....I bought it after market, the RV sales wanted way too much for their sets...just like the washer and dryers set ups, we found several on the internet cheaper than what we could have added to ours. so we ordered that after purchase, also...

have fun

Outlawadventurer
Old 02-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #5
Always Learning

I think the list looks good. I'd rather upgrade to the full Trail Air/Tri-Glide pin box for a bit more cushioning. Supposedly they're the cat's meow. I just got one, but only have 6 miles of driving from home to storage with it.

You're also missing stabilizers. My current favorite is the Steadyfast system.

I think you'll love the 6-point leveling system. I wish it had been an option when we bought our camper.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:44 PM   #6

I'll second that on the Pin box, I have the reese goose box air cushion and the air bags under my truck.....all I can say is great ride...

Outlawadventurer
Old 02-13-2015, 03:13 PM   #7

My wife and I just ordered a 377 flik with everything but central vac. We got the stackable washer dryer, you might want to think about adding it. May come in handy with the little one.
k8mlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:05 PM   #8

Theater seats instead of the recliners. We loaded our 35ROK with everything except the central vac

Computer Nerd
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
Computer Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #9
Always Learning

Funny that you two opted against the central vac. That was actually something I added after a while because it wasn't offered as an option when I bought my camper.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #10

I'm just looking at the cost and the hassle of storing and messing with a lot of hoses rather than a smaller portable vacuum

Computer Nerd
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
Old 02-13-2015, 10:04 PM   #11

We had the central vac in our 366FL and it left a lot to be desired. Beside having to drag the huge hose out it did not clean the carpets. When we would get back home I'd bring out the house vac and fill the container with dirt and dog hair. We purchased a small Bissell upright vac at Walmart for our new 360 PDEK clean 100% better than the central. Plus its quieter and easier to store.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:07 PM   #12
Always Learning

That's fair! Makes sense!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #13

what made you opt for the theater seats?

I was considering this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer Nerd View Post
Theater seats instead of the recliners. We loaded our 35ROK with everything except the central vac

Computer Nerd
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
Old 03-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #14

If you haven't bought the Sandpiper yet run and don't look back took delivery on Sept 19 2015 with poler teck no R38 fiberglass insulation in floor found out after fresh water tank fell out from underbelly nothing is right on mine JUNK
Palvia1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:59 PM   #15

Don't know about the setup in your rig, but the only good thing about central vac in the 38FL is that you can broom sweep the kitchen area and just open the vacuum suction and sweep it in. Getting out the hose is a big hassle.

Good luck,
Don
dmdrj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 04:26 PM   #16

Well our 35ROK is built and we take delivery on the 26th. But we are getting an extended warranty and appearance treatment. Fingers crossed for a good build

Computer Nerd
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK