Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #1

party dinette photos?

Hi everyone!
Does anyone have photos of the party dinette with the table in it in a Sandpiper or Sierra 365 SAQ? I am thinking about ordering this option and can't find photos of it anywhere. Thanks!
Kimberly

Old 02-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #2

Are you talking about the regular booth dinette or the u shaped dinette?

Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

The attached link takes you to the Sierra gallery on the Forest River RV site.

Sierra Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels by Forest River

Look at the party dinette photo under Sierra Select 32QBBS.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #4

Thank you for your replies!

What I am looking for is an option for the Sandpiper or Sierra 365 SAQ. It's called a "party dinette," and it's a dinette that takes up the whole space in the living room area slide. It's the kind of dinette that is seen more often in a toy hauler. I have found a few photos of it online, but in those photos the table isn't in it. So I was wondering how much space the table takes up, because we would definitely be using it with the table.

Thank you for your help!
Kimberly
Old 02-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #5

The tables align with the edge of the slide (maybe slightly less). Look at the picture Dave pointed you to. It is built so that you can bring in the slide with the tables up and not hit the other side with their edges.
2006 Police Roadking FLHPi
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #6

I did look at the photo from Dave. I think the smaller u-dinette is a little different than the party dinette. In the pictures I have seen, the holes where the table legs go seem to be farther out on the floor, which makes me wonder if the table has to be taken out to pull the slide in. If the edges of the table do line up with the edge of the slide out, then the table might be kind of narrow. We are exploring the different ways to comfortably seat our family of 6 inside to eat on days when it is too rainy or hot, etc., to eat outside. I was also hoping the table might provide a little more counter space because in that particular kitchen configuration the counter space is kind of small. I have also looked at the 355, which has the better kitchen layout, but I don't like the bathroom layout in that one. (I prefer my sink and my toilet to be together.) Anyway, the party dinette sounded cool. But it's a $1000. option on a trailer that's already at the top of our price range, and I really just needed to see it all together before I would consider ordering it. Thank you for your help!!
Old 02-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #7

Hi Lucy!

Do you have the party dinette in your trailer? Also, do you have trouble fitting your family comfortably in a pickup truck tow vehicle? We are currently towing with a Suburban, and I can't see us all squeezing in a dually for a long trip. Can the kids ride in the 5th wheel while you are travelling? I love the bigger size of the 5th wheel (particularly in the master bedroom), but we would have less room in the dually as a tow vehicle. How do you like your 365SAQ? Thanks!

Kimberly
Old 02-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #8

go here and watch the video:
Sandpiper LOFT - , Camper RV, RV Sales, The Original RVWholesalers, sandpiperloft.com

The unit is not a 365SAQ it is a Loft but this is where the party dinette came from and there are two views of it one at 3:xx and one at the end about 8:11.

We do not have that setup, based on the way we camp it was not worth the extra 1000 to us. First I did not want to climb behind the table to eat, I hate that even when we go out to eat, second I did not want to sit at a table to watch TV or to have to remove and store it just to sit. Also other than the kids breakfast we eat outside (especially with the outdoor kitchen), when it rains we pop up a portable shelter over the table. lastly we do not allow the kids to hangout in the camper, so other than playing games on a rainy day that table really does not get used.

As for the Truck, we have plenty of room in the crew cab, our three kids are 6-12. There is more room then it appears in the back of a 3500 crew cab. We love the 365SAQ, and spent two years looking before we purchased it.
2006 Police Roadking FLHPi
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 PM   #9

Wow! That video is exactly what I have been looking for!! Thank you for finding it!!!!! The table is different than what I pictured. It looks like you might have to take it out to pull the slide in, right? Hhhhhmmmmm. I'm not sure what I think about it - it might not work the way I want it to. I must admit, we often eat inside the trailer, especially when we have been in the sun for a while and I need a break.

My kids are 8, 10, 12, and 13, and unfortunately they are not that great in the car. In the Suburban they have a little more room to spread out. So as much as I love the space of the 5th wheel, I really do have to think long and hard about the tow vehicle. We looked at a crew cab dually this weekend, and it did have more room than I expected.

The master bedroom and bathroom in the 5th wheel are so much nicer than in the travel trailer. I really wish that we could somehow tow the 5th wheel with a Suburban!

Thank you so much for helping me to see the party dinette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly
Old 02-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #10

Go to facebook and 'like' Sandpiper Rv's and you can see all the latest options from their facebook page. They have added 3 new options in the last week. They all have to do with fold out sofas in the bunk area. They also have the large dinette that you are talking about that they added the end of December.

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote