Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #1

Pics of our 365 on vacation..

We just returned home from a 7 day camping beach vacation. It was a first for us. We usually stay in a rented home, but no more! We loved camping at PirateLand CG in Myrtle Beach last week. We only had one problem with the camper. We had a very bad vibration in the fan on the front a/c unit. I called our dealer and the tech said he'd bet me beer that a dirt dauber had built a nest on the back side of the fan. I went up and took off the a/c cover and guess what! A dirt dauber's nest!!!! Scraped it off and all was normal. I guess I owe him a beer!

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #2

Looks fun. Nice set up with the dually. Looks like you need a center support on that awning. I know we do.
karznromz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #3

What campground are you at???
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #4

I have a cradle for transporting as that's when I've been told most of them get bent. But it has had a bow in it since it came from the manufacturer to GA without one.
We stayed at PirateLand in Myrtle Beach last week.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 07-21-2012, 01:06 PM   #5

Ours was bent too. What did you install to support it.
karznromz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
I have a cradle for transporting as that's when I've been told most of them get bent. But it has had a bow in it since it came from the manufacturer to GA without one.
We stayed at PirateLand in Myrtle Beach last week.
Here is a way to fix the bow on long awnings.

How to Install the MegaX57
Old 07-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #7

It is a Carefree Automatic Awning Support in white. Google search that or go to Ebay, they have them there with the same listing. I used stainless rivets to put mine in on this camper, stainless bolts on the other.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #8

Tell me about the black cross under storage boxes. Sewer hoses? Or rugs? Did you build them? Specs?
Hitower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitower View Post
Tell me about the black cross under storage boxes. Sewer hoses? Or rugs? Did you build them? Specs?
They are an option form Sandpiper. We had them on our 355 and got them again on the 365. I carry some wooden blocks on the curb side and the shore line on the left side with some of the sewer connections in another little box inside. You can buy them aftermarket or through the dealers. They are called 'under mount storage boxes' but I can't remember who makes them right now. They can hold up to 100 lbs of stuff, slide in and out. They are not waterproof, so I drilled several holes in the bottom of mine to let out the water that gets inside. I wouldn't have a rig without them now that I've had them. The only thing would be you can't use them for 'drop frame' rigs due to ground clearance issues.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:02 PM   #10

I like the way they look. I'm pulling the exact rig as yours, only difference is the bike rack and the storage tubes (but not for long). I've found that having the 2 separate hookups means having 3 hoses (1 for each connection, into a wye, into another hose, and into the dump). The bumper is getting crowded, and the lugs on my hoses don't allow them to be inserted while hooked together. So this will be my next undertaking I think. I figure if the spare doesn't get ripped off, neither will the tubes.
Hitower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #11

I am getting some 8" PVC pipe with ends as we speak from a a friend of mine. I am going to hang it behind the boxes where I can store a few sections of 4" plastic gutters and more sewer line. I am going to put it the full widht of the camper, if I don't get the 10 foot section and put it diagonally under the rig. I will then paint it black and put a threaded rod through the caps with wing nuts on them so they are easily removed. That way all this stuff is out of the way. What brought this up is last week, the CG sewer connections were 10 inches out of the ground so I bought 3 sections of 10 foot plastic gutter and made a holder for my hoses so the waste water would drain without having to walk it out. This has happened to me twice now and I will be prepared for the next time. This how I solved the drainage problem last week.

So, now I want the PVC pipe behind the storage boxes for the materials you see there.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:49 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
I am getting some 8" PVC pipe with ends as we speak from a a friend of mine. I am going to hang it behind the boxes where I can store a few sections of 4" plastic gutters and more sewer line. I am going to put it the full widht of the camper, if I don't get the 10 foot section and put it diagonally under the rig. I will then paint it black and put a threaded rod through the caps with wing nuts on them so they are easily removed. That way all this stuff is out of the way. What brought this up is last week, the CG sewer connections were 10 inches out of the ground so I bought 3 sections of 10 foot plastic gutter and made a holder for my hoses so the waste water would drain without having to walk it out. This has happened to me twice now and I will be prepared for the next time. This how I solved the drainage problem last week.

So, now I want the PVC pipe behind the storage boxes for the materials you see there.
Nice setup, but seems like a lot of trouble just to keep from walking the slinky. If you hard plumb the rear tank to the black tank, you can eliminate the wye and some guttering and blocking.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:34 PM   #13

golfmedik, I have the Siera sister to your 365SAQ. They r nice. I noticed the pinbox bike rack in your pic. I have been looking for one for yrs. Did u buy it or make it? At 42' vs 38 of my old 5er I think this needs to go on the front burner.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwpdir View Post
golfmedik, I have the Siera sister to your 365SAQ. They r nice. I noticed the pinbox bike rack in your pic. I have been looking for one for yrs. Did u buy it or make it? At 42' vs 38 of my old 5er I think this needs to go on the front burner.
I made it..well the receiver that is. It started out as a 12" long piece of 10" I-beam. Cut it to 22 1/2*(angle of pin box) and flipped it over, cut one ear of the flange off and welded it together. Bought a $14 receiver tube from Harbor Freight and welded it on top. Afterwards, I couldn't open my toolbox on my truck all the way. So, I bought a piece of 2"x1/2" stick steel($5 tractor supply) and another receiver tube and added the top to it. I have a hanging bike rack that my son's bike wouldn't fit on, so I bought the platform rack from Discountramps.com for $140.

What it looked like first...before the top addition.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:19 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik

Very nice set up.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #16

Thank you for your assistance. That is basically what I figured I was going to have to do. I too will have a tool box issue. Pics really helped. Safe Camping
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:10 AM   #17

Make sure you measure after you have a bike rack in mind. The newer 365s have a more pointed nose, so you will have to think about the width of the handle bars of the bikes. You don't want them touching the nose piece. Also, it was difficult but not impossible to put bolts in pin box. Study it first so you will know where you can put the bolts. I was able to get mine farther down but it was difficult. Next time I will put the bottom two bolts a little higher up so they are easier to get to. The bikes ride amazingly still there. I know it was overkill, but I used grade 8 bolts. I get asked about the receiver every where we go. Such a simple mod that has really made carrying bikes very easy and hassle free. I load them in the bed of the truck, back up close, load them onto rack and back on under it to hitch up. Very easy to do.

Tags