Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissajean0 View Post
Yeah everything is working except lights and fridge I think. I definitely could be wrong about the fridge. It's ON, but the light came on a while ago. The lights are super dim, but on. I'm sorry I didn't mention that before. They're on, just super duper dim.

That is really telling us a lot. Did you plug something into an outlet (electrical) and see it that worked. The fridge will run on 110v and needs also 12v for the electronics.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Off topic, sorry....

Hello jeeplj8, my wife and I were looking at that same camper that you have, very nice. Does your F-250 have the 6.0 in it? What kind of mileage to you get?
We have a Ford as well. But we have an F350 SD 4wd diesel lariat w/ 6.0 Mileage sucks! But it pulls sooooo much better than our F250. We get like 15mpg lol. Saaaaad. lolol
melissajean0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #23

Quote:
That is really telling us a lot. Did you plug something into an outlet (electrical) and see it that worked. The fridge will run on 110v and needs also 12v for the electronics.
I've got my laptop plugged in and it's still charging okay. tv, fans, etc, everything that's plugged in is on.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #24

Quote:
This morning when we got up the lights were starting to dim and I said, "Wait, wth is going on with the lights." He said, "Oh I just took one of the fuses out so it's running on 12 V, and gave it to the guy that bought dad's camper. I'll get another one today." I was just trying to take care of it before he got home. I saw the light on the fridge come on, so I was like oh sh** the foods going to go bad. I had virtually every light on in here. I heard a beep in the bathroom, it went off when I cut the lights off. I looked at the fridge and it had 2 lights on before I cut the lights off in here, 1 of them the power, and one of them said "check". But when I cut the lights off, it went off too. I cut on one light and it's not as dim as it was, still pretty dim though. I just can't figure out where the fuse is that he pulled. As I said earlier, the only fuses that I can locate are in the breaker box and all of them are okay.

Melissa, you had to many lights on and the converter could not keep up by its' self. shut as many off as you can and the fridge should work fine. keep an eye on the 'check light'. If it comes back on.... turn off all the lights and reset the fridge button.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #25

Quote:
Melissa, you had to many lights on and the converter could not keep up by its' self. shut as many off as you can and the fridge should work fine. keep an eye on the 'check light'. If it comes back on.... turn off all the lights and reset the fridge button.
Yeah, until he took that 1 fuse out it was fine. But he took it out and it all went dim. I cut all of the lights off. Reason they were all on before was because it was 430 am and dark lol.I guess I'll just have to yell at him when he gets home and tell him to put the freaking fuse back. lol
Old 09-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #26

Quote:
I've got my laptop plugged in and it's still charging okay. tv, fans, etc, everything that's plugged in is on.
your fridge is working off of 110v (electrical) like your laptop.But it also needs a little 12v power. try to keep the lights at a bare minimum as they run on 12v and the converter can not keep up. your boyfriend can put in the new fuse when he gets home and make sure he has a spare and shows you what is is doing.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #27

Quote:
your fridge is working off of 110v (electrical) like your laptop.But it also needs a little 12v power. try to keep the lights at a bare minimum as they run on 12v and the converter can not keep up. your boyfriend can put in the new fuse when he gets home and make sure he has a spare and shows you what is is doing.
Oh I know. Also have to make sure to scold him and tell him this is what happens because you never show me anything. hahahha Thanks for you guys help!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #28

Quote:
Oh I know. Also have to make sure to scold him and tell him this is what happens because you never show me anything. hahahha Thanks for you guys help!!!

.... You should scold him.... Tell him, this is what happens and you end up talking to people you don't know on the internet.

Welcome to the forum and have your boyfriend also stop in and say hello.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #29

Quote:
We have a Ford as well. But we have an F350 SD 4wd diesel lariat w/ 6.0 Mileage sucks! But it pulls sooooo much better than our F350. We get like 15mpg lol. Saaaaad. lolol
15mph...... no melissa.... this is a very good mph. but I hope you are not going by the 'lie-o-meter' on the console..... 'average' anit average when you are pulling one day and driving around with no load the next.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #30

Quote:
.... You should scold him.... Tell him, this is what happens and you end up talking to people you don't know on the internet.

Welcome to the forum and have your boyfriend also stop in and say hello.
lolol. Yep!

Thank you He never gets on the computer. Except to get on facebook and play a game on there. Or look at new guns lol. He's 32 and hates the internet.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #31

Quote:
15mph...... no melissa.... this is a very good mph.
You think so?? My bf's dad doesn't have a lariat, but he's got a F350 Dually and it gets like 23 mpg. I know there's a thing you can put on it to boost your mileage, but it throws out black smoke when you floor it...which I do a lot. haha!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #32

Quote:
15mph...... no melissa.... this is a very good mph. but I hope you are not going by the 'lie-o-meter' on the console..... 'average' anit average when you are pulling one day and driving around with no load the next.
Well, we do go by that now. But we checked it ourselves before believing that. When we first got it I was like this cannot be right! I figured it would be much higher, but it wasn't.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:14 AM   #33
daydreaming about camping

sounds like he pulled the fuse for the converter part of the distribution center, in other words the part that charges the battery. You were then running off the battery. and ran it down.

Is there an empty spot in the distribution center that is not labeled?

As for the truck - MPG is not as good as my last 6.0, but this one is stock and that one was not. I will start playing with this one next year and see if I can build it like my last one. It actually does a little better than the lie-o-meter which shows around 9.5 towing. hand calc we got 10.6 going to Colorado this year. One thing about the 6.0, it actually gets better MPG when the turbo is spooled up a little higher, which means it hates tooling along at 60 mph. much happier at 70 mph.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #34

Quote:
lolol. Yep!

Thank you He never gets on the computer. Except to get on facebook and play a game on there. Or look at new guns lol. He's 32 and hates the internet.

Getting guns these days are a lot easier than it was at the first of the year.... the hard part now is ammo for them. Let me see..... Police on the phone or a .45 in my hand..... Hello..."911...I'll call you back when I am done with the trash and let you know where to pick it up...."

Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
sounds like he pulled the fuse for the converter part of the distribution center, in other words the part that charges the battery. You were then running off the battery. and ran it down.

Is there an empty spot in the distribution center that is not labeled?

As for the truck - MPG is not as good as my last 6.0, but this one is stock and that one was not. I will start playing with this one next year and see if I can build it like my last one. It actually does a little better than the lie-o-meter which shows around 9.5 towing. hand calc we got 10.6 going to Colorado this year. One thing about the 6.0, it actually gets better MPG when the turbo is spooled up a little higher, which means it hates tooling along at 60 mph. much happier at 70 mph.
You mean where the breaker box is? Yeah, there are like 10 empty spots lol. He said yesterday he thought they were extras and realized they were for the battery. He came into the living room and pressed the button on the wall and the battery read at 1/3 full and it's usually all the way full.

Oh you meant towing...as for towing we get like 9 mpg. lol
Old 09-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #36

Quote:
Getting guns these days are a lot easier than it was at the first of the year.... the hard part now is ammo for them. Let me see..... Police on the phone or a .45 in my hand..... Hello..."911...I'll call you back when I am done with the trash and let you know where to pick it up...."
We're in Meridian, MS right now, bf building coal plant, and the crime here is AWFUL! It's worse here than it was in Phoenix, AZ. I swear I'm not exaggerating. We reload all of our shells, so they're not really an issue. We have probably 5000 AR-15 shells, a ton of 45 and 40 shells. Only thing we're actually short on is 22 shells. I wouldn't think those would be in short supply, but they are.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #37
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
You mean where the breaker box is? Yeah, there are like 10 empty spots lol. He said yesterday he thought they were extras and realized they were for the battery. He came into the living room and pressed the button on the wall and the battery read at 1/3 full and it's usually all the way full.

yep - need to put something back in those slots.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplj8 View Post
yep - need to put something back in those slots.
Yeah I'll make him do that when he gets off. I'm sure to screw something up if I do it.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #39

Hey how do I get my pics under my posts like you have?
Old 09-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #40

Quote:

Now you are learning what we are talking about. The buttons on the wall (Fresh water/ gray/black/ batt) that tells you a lot. If you had really good lights before, then the batt reading would not (imo) have been down to 1/3 when he looked at it if should have been higher. I think that you are running on the converter alone. Can you tell which slot is for the battery. there may be a slot that has a fuse in it that you are not using. I have a couple that I don't use, but I also have an extra fuse stuck in one side and 'left open' in order for me to have one at hand and not have to look (ask the wife) for where they are.

Tags
battery, fuse