Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #11

I was gonna do the same thing and just wait but you need to be careful where it bubbles up. One of my spots got a tear in it. This was because the bubble was sticking up and caused it to get hit by the slide room. This flooring thing had been a fiasco.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:01 PM   #12

Having been a heating contractor for 40 years i think i know what is happening. I have seen it in new homes as well. The air from the vents gets diverted under the edges of the flooring where the registers are.
If you take the registers up and put a 1" strip of mastic tape around the edge of the hole in the floor taking care to cover all the edges of floor to flooring. Should solve your problems.

Old 04-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #13

As soon as I saw that you are talking about baseboards quarter round it sounded to me that they installed the new flooring over the old one without removing the cabinets. If it was done like this you will end up with nothing but problems. It will get only worse when the winter will set in next year. A new floor covering needs to have all the cabinets removed and the old flooring removed . There is no other shorcuts to take if you want a permanent job well done.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:16 PM   #14

The old flooring was taken up but not the furniture. It was then glue back down around the perimeter and the middle of the floor is floating. I noticed tonight that the wood on the bottom of the slide rubs on the floor. Is this normal for it to rub?
Old 04-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #15

We had one of our new highrise that had a problem with its flooring that was glued on the floor near the cabinets. These units were unsold and the room temperature was left a 50 Fareneight for the winter. At the end of the winter severals units vinyl flooring lost aprx one half inch and had to be redone all over. They were just glued on the outside perimeter and the middle were not glued ( floating ) I have a feeling that if your slide is rubbing on the floor is because the vinyl is not glued all over except the outside perimeter and this cause the floor to loose contact with the base.I will stick to my feeling that if you want to replace the floor all the cabinets must be removed and the new floor must extend to the end of the walls for a perfect job.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #16

Is the slide suppose to rub on the floor???
Old 04-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #17

Just picked our 365 up Thursday 4/19/12. 4/20 the floor had hockey puck sized bubbles in 2 spots in the kitchen/living room area in front of the slide. Also, the awning has about a 1,5 inch bow in it. Evident when retracted and against the camper. What now!!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #18

No fun the life with trailers sometimes. My 1011 rockwood was sent to the factory last winter for a leak that caused serious damages to the back wall and others issues. The menbrane was totally changed also including the rear wall and all the baggages doors . Gess what! yesterday I found the menbrane leaking under exactly the same place where I had the claim fix at the main factory. What now!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #19

Sounds like FR has a problem with the material being used from their supplier. Bad flooring!!! Maybe you should demand flooring from a different manufacturing company. Most all of them have a pattern that matches.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:41 PM   #20

First weekend in trailer. Nuisance list begins. Front toilet wobbly. Found floor fitting cockeyed and 3/8 of an inch up on one side. Factory installed high on one side and used screws to pull it to the floor. The screws tore out and I had to jury rig shims underneath to support the toilet base. Front hose hook up for sewer has a broken knob, one of the four. Hose leaks as a result. Awning tube bent, wheres the center support on this monster awning. Decorative panel under one of the rear bunks fell off. Water leak under the front bathroom sink. Pain in the arss.

Tags
365, 365 saq