Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #41

Marc,
I would send a list of the repairs that you sought, and the reply, to FR and see what they say about it. Call your factory rep as well. When things like this get out to the public, instead of it looking bad on the dealer, it looks bad on Sandpiper even more. I don't care what people pay for a rig, if it has a warranty, they should repair the dang thing! Try another dealer in your area that services FR products and see you if can get satisfaction from them. As you know my friend, document well!

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #42

Monty it's more of the same old same old I truly believe that the idea of running you down has become a real avoidance tactic. It's not just with the rv industry it's automobiles, appliances, the service industry etc... I'm indirectly as response able as anyone. Unfortunately in a society that is based on "stuff" and the more of it the better I find myself tangled in the trappings of such a mentality. It seems that our "everything Walmart all the time" is catching up with us. When as consumers we demand the LOWEST price best value all the time I feel that manufactures now cater to that buying mentality and build little to no cost allowance into the products to allow for follow up with good long term service and support. Which leads to having to force an issue or another words fight, argue, and get nasty with people to get anything accomplished. On another note in checking things over the day after the service disappointment I went over every switch knob and fitting, good thing I did the front black tank waste valve was broken and jammed half open so I ordered a new one from amazon and it will be here Wednesday and ill be installing it to my liking. I'm in the mind set now that if you want something done right well you know the rest.........

Anyway in light of what happened in Boston yesterday my problems don't seem so bad. My thoughts and prayers go out to those lost, injured, and especially the families left behind that now have to go on from here.

Life is to short to complain and be pissed off about everything winters over camping seasons here F it lets all get out there and go camping.

May God Bless Us All
Marc

93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM   #43

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4109407063.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	28209

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1613229317.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	28210
79 Jeep CJ-7
Old 04-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #44

Were your valves leaking???and were these the valves you pulled out?
Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #45
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

There have been several times that I've had stuff that needed repair under warranty, and my dealer has sent me the parts I requested, and I've done the repairs myself. To me, this is a win win situation. I get my trailer fixed right under warranty and I don't have to haul my trailer to dealer, leave it, and drive back to pick it up. At least a full tank of fuel.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #46

This is the black tank drain valve from the front bathroom. We took delivery the 1 st week in December and have not used the camper yet its brand new. Thank God for that my level of aggravation would be a bit more intense if the tank would have had any contents if u catch my drift. So as far as the dealer and warranty they stated a return visit is required. They can not provide parts or service off dealer premisses. The idea is that I could be fixing my neighbors camper under my new campers warranty. So amazon for the parts it is plus the total neglect of repair on all items from the last visit just makes it easier to do it at home and not get heart burn and high blood pressure.

79 Jeep CJ-7

Tags
365, 365 saq