Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #1

Problems with my new 30IOK

Since purchasing our sandpiper 30iok in August 2014 I have had several issues such as shower leaking, awning lights, front cap LED lights, and now have noticed the awning is pulling away from the camper. We have only camped In it twice for a total of 8 days. Has anyone else had these problems? The dealer is over 3 hrs away. Can I carry it to another forest river dealer for warranty work or does it have to go back to the dealer where I purchased it?
Bryon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:52 PM   #2

Have only owned mine 3 weeks but have stayed in it 10days. Have none of the issues you are reporting, know a couple who have about 2yrs in on theirs and have had no issues.

The awning lights if they are pulling away appears to be a common issue with the line itself based on post, many people experience it. Shower leaking I have read that some came without a seal bead of caulk around the doors. Mine has one but not sure if it is something that was factory or my dealer did. Awning pulling away, these awnings are terrible, for an electric awning they are supposed to be top quality but I find them very weak in the wind with lots of movement. The flex back at the hinge with just a little breeze causes a lot of pulling on the awning itself and could be the cause of it pulling away. I had the same awning on my last camper, which was a keystone and it was starting to, I had to tie it down whenever out and do the same with this one. Never lave it out while your away as it does not take much to flip it.

As for the dealer, all you can do is ask the local dealer but 99.99% of the time they will tell you take it back where you bought it. Many dealers will only work on their own rigs, rigs that people are traveling through and have a major failure, or tell you to leave it with them and they will get to it when they can. Hard part of making the trip to your dealer, you most likely will need to leave it with them or make multiple trips to get it fixed unless they are a super dealer and stock parts.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I will be contacting the dealer to carry it back. Maybe all the problems have hit at once so they can fix them all while it's there.
Bryon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #4

Noticed on mine the top step is coming loose on the inside going to the bedroom.