Old 10-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #1

Question about 35ROK fresh water tank fill

First of all, thank you to the members of this forum who have helped seal our decision to order a 2015 35ROK. We are long time campers moving up from a TT to a 5ver so I have a question regarding the fresh water tank fill connection in the docking station. Our TT had a gas tank-like fill cap where I poured water either via hose or water jug to fill the water tank. My question is while we will most of the time have full hook-up when we are camping, we do occasionally camp with friends and family at state parks where we may need to refill the tank without the benefit of a hose connection. Is there a way to do this as all I see in the docking station is a threaded hose connection for the fresh water tank fill?

Old 10-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #2

I am at work right now, but I will check mine when I get home later tonight.
We have not dry docked yet, so I have not bothered to look for a port to dump fresh water through.
Will let you know what I find as I am now curious...

Old 10-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemosDad View Post
I am at work right now, but I will check mine when I get home later tonight.
We have not dry docked yet, so I have not bothered to look for a port to dump fresh water through.
Will let you know what I find as I am now curious...
Actually I found a cool product on Camping World and also Amazon that will work for the non-threaded potable water hoses found at most Michigan state parks. it's called "Water Thief" or "Water Bandit". it's a rubber adapter that narrows attached to a male hose thread. I plan to get one for both potable and non-potable hoses so I can flush my black tank as well as fill my fresh water tank at state parks.

Still not sure how I would fill via a water jug. I guess my wife will just have to use the camp showers if we run low on water.

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank