Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #1

Sandpiper 356RL black tank flush... need help.

Hello! I recently purchased a 2011 sandpiper 356RL. And boy and I (one of many) am disappointed in the owners manual.

Anyways, on my last 5th wheel my black tank flush just hooked up and flushed the tank. On this when I hooked up the hose to the flush and turned it on, it acted weird and then when I ran inside to check on it, it was leaking under the sink. Is there something I need to do? There is a black component on the hose under the sink but i don't know the purpose of it.

Anyone have a clue? Need more info? Let me know!

Thanks a bunch!

J. Nelsen
jnelsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:42 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There should be a back-flow protector on the flush line. You should check to see that it wasn't installed backwards (I'm assuming that the flush line runs through your bathroom vanity).

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #3

Thank you very much for your reply. Before I switch that around and try it again, do you know if there is a pressure valve or anything like that? Would too much pressure cause it to "blow-back"? I was thinking of this because if the spay nozzle inside the tank can't handle 40 psi of water pressure then the back flow valve would run over every time. Do you know of any thing like this that would affect it?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Even if the back flow valve were installed backwards, it should not leak. A back flow valve is a fancy name for a check valve. It only lets flow travel one direction. If the flow tries to reverse, it closes and prevents this. Regardless of direction, it should not leak. Only way to find this is hook up the hose, ease the water on, then go inside with a flashlight and see what is leaking. Good luck.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 PM   #5

Okay, Thanks. If the valve leaks at all then it will need to be replaced then I take it.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #6

The black flush on my 2608SS leaked the first time I tried it. Sorry I don't know the cause, I just headed back to the dealer and had him fix it.
2006 Infiniti QX56 (Gone)
Kenny, Annie, and Brock (The Labradoodle)
Kmair1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, black tank flush