Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #1

Sandpiper 365 saq fuse question...

I have a 2013 sandpiper 365 SAQ , the switch on rig to raise and lower landing gear isn't working but the remote that came with unit allows me to raise and lower landing gear without a problem.
I have looked for a inline fuse in front storage near battery but can't find one . All the fuses inside are fine .... Any ideas ?
texas sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:31 PM   #2

Texas, had the same problem in October when disconnecting from a trip. The switch is bad. You're still under warranty I would imagine. Let your dealer know of the problem and they should order the part for you. Only takes a minute to replace.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:59 PM   #3

I had the same problem, however, it was the inline fuse in the front compartment. The fuse on mine was located high on the wall near a junction box. Also, I have been told that there are some inline fuses in the inverter compartment. I did not open mine up to see.
Vinster30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #4

True. I have found fuses in storage compartments, the inverter box, behind the switch panel in the living area cabinet and so on. I have a great rapport with the dealer and usually when I call with an issue he will give me a differencial diagnosis. Another issue to keep in mind is that our units have remotes which add a layer of of electronic wiring and frustration to the quation.
rwpdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #5

Ok, I'll keep looking..... Thanks
Old 04-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #6

There is a fuse either behind your master control panel in the coach or in the basement in the front.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 AM   #7

Some that have had this problem replace the fuse with a re-settable fuse(kind of like a breaker) that will trip, then reset. We had to put one on my buddy's Raptor and another ones Wildcat for doing the same thing. The Wildcat came with a re-setting one, it just went bad.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Some that have had this problem replace the fuse with a re-settable fuse(kind of like a breaker) that will trip, then reset. We had to put one on my buddy's Raptor and another ones Wildcat for doing the same thing. The Wildcat came with a re-setting one, it just went bad.
I will do that when I find the inline fuse that dealer tells me is near battery somewhere ... If it wasn't for my remote I wouldn't be able to raise & lower my rig...