Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #1

Sandpiper 366fl issues

So my wife, two dogs, and I have been living full time in our new sandpiper since June of 2014. We love the floor plan as it gives us plenty of room, and the dogs room to play. However over time we've noticed small issues we are concerned about. The biggest is moisture build up. We constantly have moisture in the bedroom slide. It lines the top of cubbies above the bed and corners of the slide. Last week I got under the bed and and sealed off the pass through door as we never used it from the outside and wrapped the inside with reflective foil insulation. Another problem with the extreme cold this past week in Alabama was water freezing. Our water line is heated and insulated from faucet to camper. The next day no water. Water tank was full and turned on water pump and still no water. I am not sure if holding tank was frozen or just water lines. Does or has anyone have/put in holding tank and water line heater pads? And if so what products were used and is it feasible to do it myself? Any insight and information is appreciated.
Tyler: 2014 sandpiper 366fl
tylerb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #2

My silverback has let the the line coming to the pump freeze up. Put up extra insulation and a little heater.

Pirit hose quit working so about to start heat taping another hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 05:43 PM   #3

In the basement area.

Old 01-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Are you running the furnace or electric heat? The furnace will dump hot air into the basement. You also have to remember these units are 3 season units, not 4. You can add tank heaters, but your lines are what is most likely freezing up.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #5

We were running the furnace. I've seen heating strips to put on pipes also in addition to tank pads. Was wondering if anyone has them or put them on? We stay in ours all year.
tylerb22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Most heat strips that you find at local box stores are made for iron plpe and not flex line. Insulating and getting heat to the piping is going to be your best bet.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #7

Also check when above freezing to make sure your valves are turned correctly. I had my winterizing valve open and I couldn't get any water from FW tank.

Next time just have to take your hose loose from CG spigot to make sure their water isn't froze up. I grew up in and live in the south and know many water lines are 6" to 1' deep.

Old 01-12-2015, 07:05 AM   #8

I recently traded our 366FL in on a 360PDEK. Put a 60 watt light in the area next to your water filter it is probably freezing, had this issue in ours. For condensation keep your bathroom and living roof vents opened all of the time this will help with humidity. Also try opening the small Windows in the bedroom slideout during the day.
Also, another major cold air entry point was under the couches. Looking from the kitchen side under the front of the couch there are several holes for wires that go through the floor. Find some foam to stuff in them. Good luck
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper