Old 04-12-2016, 03:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanHurt View Post
I am having problems with my unit. Send pictures to the dealer for three weeks in a row and the service manager says he is forwarding them to Forest River. The only contact I can find for the Sandpiper is Jeff Johnson and he does not respond to calls. Who else do I contact? I want to make sure all my issues are documented with Forest River.
Try Scott Hundt 574-533-3193 shundt @ forestriverinc . com That's who I talked to. When I left a message or emailed I usually got a response that day or the next business day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevewise View Post
You are lucky I cannot get a dealer to work on mine as I travel with it (I know that sounds strange with a RV) and dealers only want to work on units they sell.
I too found this to be the case with a couple dealers but I was able to find 2 local to me (I drove 1000 miles 1 way to buy mine) that would work on it even though I didn't buy from them.

Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #12

I have also had issues with my Sandpiper 30iok. I have had it less than a year 1/2 and so far I have had it repaired for delamination issues that took about 2 months to repair, my shower leaked, my awning pulled away from the side (not due to weather issues), crack in the roof that the dealer said water was getting in, and just recently my AC unit went out. Seems it's been in the repair shop more than I have used it. I'm almost to the point of trading it in and going with a different brand. Frustrated

Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon80 View Post
I have also had issues with my Sandpiper 30iok. I have had it less than a year 1/2 and so far I have had it repaired for delamination issues that took about 2 months to repair, my shower leaked, my awning pulled away from the side (not due to weather issues), crack in the roof that the dealer said water was getting in, and just recently my AC unit went out. Seems it's been in the repair shop more than I have used it. I'm almost to the point of trading it in and going with a different brand. Frustrated
Sorry to here about so many problems, I would check that area on the roof, I didn't know a branch or something hit my roof a put a very small hole in it, my service guy found it when they were checking my seals on the roof, the wood under it delaminated. Now it's going back to FR for a new roof at the tune of 5400.00 dollars...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Sorry to here about so many problems, I would check that area on the roof, I didn't know a branch or something hit my roof a put a very small hole in it, my service guy found it when they were checking my seals on the roof, the wood under it delaminated. Now it's going back to FR for a new roof at the tune of 5400.00 dollars...
Is this covered under trailer or auto insurance?

Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_crib_too View Post
Is this covered under trailer or auto insurance?
My trailer is on my Auto policy like a 3rd car would be, they are covering it under my Comprehensive minus my deductible of $500.00... I have my TV, car and trailer under one policy with AARP Hartford...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 02:48 PM   #16

I had a 2014 376BHOK that I took a $4000 hit on trade. I had lots of small things breeak and took the dealer forever to fix. Final straw was a crack in teh sidewall by the bedroom slide. Went back and forth with Sandpiper for 3 months and the finally said if you bring it to Indiana in June we will fix it. Looks like someone just bought it so hopefully they will have better luck.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:51 PM   #17

I have a Sandpiper T38BHDS with a sliding front door.

A power surge from shore power fried my electrical panel, the fridge and the microwave.

HOW do I remove the sliding portion of the door to replace the fridge?

Tried lifting but it won't clear the track.
No 'anti lift block' in the top track to remove. Nothing works anything like a normal sliding patio door on a house.

Any ideas besides "Sledge Hammer"?
Old 07-15-2016, 05:39 PM   #18

Have they figured out your AC issue? I am finding it impossible to cool below 80 here in North Carolina this month.. it is my first summer with it.. the AC vents (ducted) feel weak with flow and some are almost zero.

Also, I took off a light cover in the hall in ceiling and felt cold air coming through.. ..
Is there a known problem FR has with the ducting? Also can I fix it without a dealer as they suck.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #19

Do you have good flow in the mornings before it warms up?

I'm in Jasper, GA and my system froze up this afternoon.

Humidity condenses on the coils and blocks the flow.

I shut mine down for a half hour then turned it back on to ful flow.
Old 07-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #20

I don't know.. I will try it..
Can I "see" if it is frozen up like I can on my home unit?

Tags
sandpiper