Old 07-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #31

My vents were as yours...
I am now noticing a 74* output temp from my rear (zone 1 living room) AC unit and the bedroom (zone 2) is 56*......
Calling a technician... cheaper than dragging to dealer and waiting weeks for fix..

Old 08-02-2016, 09:48 PM   #32

We just bought a 2017 376-BHOK and I noticed a lot of these problems on ours during the PDI. Dealer says it will fix them, but we will see Friday when we do the final walk through. Is there anything else I should look for? Would it be worth buying the Good Sam Club warranty to avoid problems like this?

Old 08-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #33

I pulled down every vent in my 381RBOK, and found that none of them had any tape. The dealer says they are "sealed" by the plastic insert. Some of my vents actually had a 2-3" gap between the ceiling and the air ducts. I fully taped & sealed every vent and reinstalled the vent covers. It made a big difference in the volume of air getting into the unit. There was a lot of air dumping into the ceiling. It still doesn't compare to having a dump vent, but it's a lot better.

Next move is to install heat film on the windows. I'm thinking that will give me another 2 degree pickup. Each thing I've done so far gives a few degrees of extra cooling, so it becomes a process.
Old 08-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #34

What is heat film?
I have foil insulation (foil bubble wrap) cut to fit all my windows mostly for winter use but have kept it there for summer too.. the drawbacks are that no natural light gets in the camper. That is unless I remove the insulation from Windows. If this Heat film is functional and transparent I would like to find it.
Old 08-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #35

Gila 36 in. x 180 in. Titanium Heat Control Window Film-HRT361 - The Home Depot

I have this on my truck, and it makes an unbelievable difference. Stats say it blocks 72% of solar heat, but it feels like a lot more in reality. This is in Southern Louisiana heat also.
Old 08-03-2016, 07:45 PM   #36

The metal around the interior of the Windows was getting very hot from the sun, and the Windows were radiating a lot of heat. As a test, we put the bunk mattresses against the wall in the bunk room covering the Windows. The bunk room typically was 2F hotter than the middle area. During the test day with the mattresses, the temp in the bunk room was 2F cooler than the middle... A 4 degree swing. I think after all of the Windows (especially the big ones in the middle area) are treated with heat film, it will make a big difference.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #37

Thanks for the data
Old 09-19-2016, 02:41 PM   #38

You can try Wayne Bigler but you will waiste ur time. I have 2013 376bhok with pages of issues including no caulking in shower, leak through roog after owning for one month, now has mold and still no resolution. Was told deal w dealership and still not fixed

Tags
sandpiper