Old 03-09-2016, 07:21 PM   #1

Sandpiper Problems

I purchased a 2015 Sandpiper 377flik. Since August 2015 it has been in shop for several things. A/C duct with holes ..not allowing it to cool below 80 last summer. Duct work on heat that had no end cap so we spent 2 bottles of propane and not heated over 68 inside. Auto level popping fuse after fuse. Leaky shower due to no caulk. And now the roof has bubbles on edge where flashing is lifting it. And also I discovered 2-3 inch by 1 inch gaps on front cap at roof. My dealer is working on the problems still....but at what point do I throw in towel and say this is a lemon. What are my choices? I am still waiting to see how much water damage there is under the front cap. It's been in shop 4 months of the first 7. HELP!!!

Old 03-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #2

I had a 2013 Piper with worse problems. From your list it sounds like some "normal" new rv punch items.
I know you didn't want to hear it. Quality control is horrible on rvs. That no matter what brand you purchase.

Work with the dealer if you think they are compitent to fix it. ask to have it shipped back to the factory and fixed if you don't.

Old 03-09-2016, 08:53 PM   #3

I had a 2015 Keystone Sprinter and had about 15 or so issues. Took me most of last summer to get most of the issues fixed which I luckily was able to fix myself. Finally got so fed up I took a $10,000 hit and traded it in. Every time I took it out something new broke. Warranty was up and I just gave up and through my hands up. I do have to agree that quality control is horrible especially for the amount of money we spend on these things.

Eastlake, Ohio
2013 F-350 Turbo Diesel
2016 Heritage Glen 368rlbh
Old 03-11-2016, 08:37 PM   #4

The leaky cap and roof bubbles along edge has been a known issue on the Sandpiper and Sierra lines. I had these same issues on my 360PDEK. I repaired the leaking cap by using Eternabond along the edge of the cap and roof line and re-caulked the seams down the side of the cap and side of the fiver. FR said the bubbles are cosmetic only but it is noted by dealer so if I have issues in the future I can fight it.

The water should I'm the cap should not damage anything as it just sits in the cap not touching anything. No problems see in mine.

Most units have problems hopefully you have a good dealer who will take care of them or just repair it yourself.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:08 AM   #5

I've got 16 Rebh 371, and could write a book on all the issues so far. Only saving grace is I'm a handy guy and everything so far has been easy fixes but still annoying. Such as the shower leaking.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra360PDEK View Post
The leaky cap and roof bubbles along edge has been a known issue on the Sandpiper and Sierra lines. I had these same issues on my 360PDEK. I repaired the leaking cap by using Eternabond along the edge of the cap and roof line and re-caulked the seams down the side of the cap and side of the fiver. FR said the bubbles are cosmetic only but it is noted by dealer so if I have issues in the future I can fight it.

The water should I'm the cap should not damage anything as it just sits in the cap not touching anything. No problems see in mine.

Most units have problems hopefully you have a good dealer who will take care of them or just repair it yourself.
how could they say the bubbles are cosmetic? I would think that the glue is letting go. It took me over 2 years to get repairs done to mine. That's what stop me from buying a new unit. It seems we all have to go through this on any new trailer anymore....My wife like the Sandpiper line, but this makes you stop and wounder. that's terrible that you buy a new unit and it's in the shop more time then being used, hope they get the OP'S fixed once and for all.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Had a Sierra for 4yrs and it never saw the dealership. I still would buy another one if I ever get back into the fifth wheel market.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
2015 - 41
2016 - 81
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:24 AM   #8

Stay on your dealer. Be pushy. Call Forest River directly and make yourself know to them. I have a 2013 Sandpiper Select 32QBBS. I complained so much to Forest River with all the problems I got a 3rd year of warranty. It just went out of warranty the end of January and I'm still getting things fixed under warranty.

The first 2 years we had ours it spent most of the summers and all of the winters at the dealer waiting for parts and warranty.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:45 AM   #9

2016 sandpiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fincher View Post
Stay on your dealer. Be pushy. Call Forest River directly and make yourself know to them. I have a 2013 Sandpiper Select 32QBBS. I complained so much to Forest River with all the problems I got a 3rd year of warranty. It just went out of warranty the end of January and I'm still getting things fixed under warranty.

The first 2 years we had ours it spent most of the summers and all of the winters at the dealer waiting for parts and warranty.
I am having problems with my unit. Send pictures to the dealer for three weeks in a row and the service manager says he is forwarding them to Forest River. The only contact I can find for the Sandpiper is Jeff Johnson and he does not respond to calls. Who else do I contact? I want to make sure all my issues are documented with Forest River.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #10

You are lucky I cannot get a dealer to work on mine as I travel with it (I know that sounds strange with a RV) and dealers only want to work on units they sell.

2015 Siera 377FLIK
2014 Ford F350 KR
Molly the new Chihuahua
Cricket the Chihuahua RIP
Steve & Jojo
stevewise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper