Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #1

Sandpiper Theater Seating

Hi everyone! I have a new 35ROK and have a question for those that have theater seating.
On our first trip last week, when we had the theater seats extended, we happen to lean forward a little, the balance shifted and the entire unit flipped forward.
This happened 4 times in a week and we have requested our dealer contact Sandpiper for a switch to the Lazy Boy recliners.
My ? is this.. anyone else have this issue? And if so, what was your solution?
The seating is manufactured by Best furniture and it is an extremely nice unit, but the flipping is dangerous.
Just curious if we are the only ones flipped out
Thanks...mike
campingguymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:09 PM   #2

Why don't you get a couple of those anti tip brackets they use for stoves .
Old 10-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #3

We have the same issue with our love seat recliners in our house. My wife and I just don't get up at the same time.
dave Durkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #4

Thanks.. we finally had them screwed down at the rear of the seating frame to floor.
Turns out it was a known issue and Forest River started bolting them down at some point after mine and many others were manufactured.
I appreciate both responses.
and yes, I changed my profile name from campingguymike to nemosdad.
See ya in the campground....
NemosDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #5

Thanks NemosDad. We are ordering our 35ROK with theater seats as we like that setup. It's nice to know that ours will be bolted down from the get go.
Old 10-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #6

By the way, how did you change your username?
Old 10-26-2014, 03:29 PM   #7

I signed in as a new user. I guess I need to ask the adm. to delete my old profile asap.
Also, you probably should confirm about the bolting down of the seat.
My dealer told me this when I had it there to fix it. He got his information from the Forest River Warranty representative at the factory.
This was in April of this year.
I like the theater seats, but when they are extended, there is a large gap between the back of seat and back and this leaves the lower back unsupported, which causes me to have backaches. That is why I wanted to change it out for a good Lazy Boy, but the factory kept dragging their feet and I eventually brought my unit home and bolted the seat down myself.
I will probably change to Lazy Boys myself in the future and sell the theater seat.
NemosDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 05:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemosDad View Post
I signed in as a new user. I guess I need to ask the adm. to delete my old profile asap.
Also, you probably should confirm about the bolting down of the seat.
My dealer told me this when I had it there to fix it. He got his information from the Forest River Warranty representative at the factory.
This was in April of this year.
I like the theater seats, but when they are extended, there is a large gap between the back of seat and back and this leaves the lower back unsupported, which causes me to have backaches. That is why I wanted to change it out for a good Lazy Boy, but the factory kept dragging their feet and I eventually brought my unit home and bolted the seat down myself.
I will probably change to Lazy Boys myself in the future and sell the theater seat.
Thank you. I've changed my online name to Computer Nerd. And thanks also to your comment about the lack of back support with the Theater Seats. We changed our order back to the Lazy Boys. Worst case, we have a pair of Lane recliners that we took out of our living room that we can always use in the new 5ver.
Computer Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, sandpiper