Old 05-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #1

Sat/Cable/antenna tv hook up problems

We have a Sanpiper 2011 300BH model and the tv for the main area has 2 coaxial cable coming from behind the wall....one cable is grey the other is white. i can't seem to get tv from either cable when hooked up to cable or sat dish. i also dont' know which cable to use for the antenna on the roof.....at the back of the trailer there are 2 "hook ups" one for sat and the the says park cable....dealer can't help has anyone experienced this. Oh yea, by the way i can get antenna and or cable on the tv in the bedroom cause there are only 2 choices, one is antena and the other says cable/dish.

Help anyone?
thanks

Old 05-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #2

when u hook to the park or tv in on the outside of the trailer (ever how it is marked). with the switch off on the tv output (i am assuming u have a winguard and a little green light comes on when u switch it on) you should be receiving from the outside park (cable). this would be when the green light is off. when u turn the switch on and the green light comes on, u are selecting the antenna on the trailer.
the sat connection, on the outside of the trailer, needs to be connected to a dish. on the inside, u should have an outlet labeled sat; connect this to the sat rec.

selection between trailer antenna and outside source are made by the switch on the inside of the trailer: on...green light on, you are on the trailer antenna. off...green light off, you are on cable from park.

sat outside should be (internally) connected to the sat wall plate on the inside. this requires a dish outside and a satellite receiver inside.

am i miss understanding the question or does this come close?

Old 05-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #3

looks like i did misunderstand the question. do u have a wall plate that has a switch on it that the tv plugs into?
Old 05-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #4

in the bedroom there is a roof plate with the "booster" switch, when the green light is on it gives the antena boost for normal tv. the difference is that in the bedroom there is a wall/roof plate with only 2 coaxial femail ends on it and one clearly states sat/cable and the other says antena, when i want basic antena tv i screw the coaxial cable into the antena outlet and when i want cable/dish i screw it into the other outlet.
On the main tv there are 2 coaxial cords coming from behind the wall with male ends on them (only one can srew into the tv at a time) one of the chords is grey and the other is white....neither of them are labelled "antena or cable" so i don't know which one will do what....to complicate things in the rear of the camper there are 2 coaxial "ports or imputs" one says sat and the other park cable....when i hook up either park cable or satelite to one of them (can't remember which one) the tv in the bedroom area works fine....However no matter which cable i put on the tv in the main area (grey or white cable) i can't get any channels at all to come on, all the time this is going on the tv in the bedroom area is working....SO i alternated the grey and white coaxial into the main area tv and also alternated hocking up to each of the inputs on the rear of the trailer.....in short i'm wondering if the cables themselves aren't connected from the rear of the trailer to the main tv area But ARE connected to the tv in the bedroom.....? thoughts? any help is appreciated.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #5

i'm not familiar with the way they did that. hopefully someone else here is. i will keep rereading ur last post and see if i can come up with something to try.
is it a new trailer? i'm surprised the dealer doesn't know what it is.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:04 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo99 View Post
in the bedroom there is a roof plate with the "booster" switch, when the green light is on it gives the antena boost for normal tv. the difference is that in the bedroom there is a wall/roof plate with only 2 coaxial femail ends on it and one clearly states sat/cable and the other says antena, when i want basic antena tv i screw the coaxial cable into the antena outlet and when i want cable/dish i screw it into the other outlet.
On the main tv there are 2 coaxial cords coming from behind the wall with male ends on them (only one can srew into the tv at a time) one of the chords is grey and the other is white....neither of them are labelled "antena or cable" so i don't know which one will do what....to complicate things in the rear of the camper there are 2 coaxial "ports or imputs" one says sat and the other park cable....when i hook up either park cable or satelite to one of them (can't remember which one) the tv in the bedroom area works fine....However no matter which cable i put on the tv in the main area (grey or white cable) i can't get any channels at all to come on, all the time this is going on the tv in the bedroom area is working....SO i alternated the grey and white coaxial into the main area tv and also alternated hocking up to each of the inputs on the rear of the trailer.....in short i'm wondering if the cables themselves aren't connected from the rear of the trailer to the main tv area But ARE connected to the tv in the bedroom.....? thoughts? any help is appreciated.
OK my guess:

The booster switch provides power to the roof antenna. There should be only ONE in the camper. It MUST be on/green to watch broadcast TV from either TV.

It MUST be off/no light to watch cable from both TVs. Remember BOTH TVs must be "auto searched" when you switch from broadcast to over the air and also when you turn the roof antenna to a new heading.

The remaining SAT cable (BR) and the top F-connector (LR) is only used for direct routing of the dish feed to the SAT receiver. The receiver must be connected to the TV using the proper input on the TV (composite, component, or HDMI).

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #7

that's great info and i appreciate it...But do you know when it says on the outside rear of the camper "park cable" and also "sattelite" which cord coming out of the wall by the main tv is which? one is grey the other is white....they both hang from the hole in the wall but i have no idea which one to use for what. OR is one of the 2 coax cables coming from the hole in the wall a cable from the antenna and the other for BOTH the "park cable" and "sattelite" inputs at the back of the trailer?....remember i have had the tv in the bedroom working on both the tv roof antena and the "park cable" or "sattelite" inputs at the back of the rv.

thanks and i look forward to your reply.
Old 05-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

You are missing the point.

The Park Cable and Roof Antenna cable for the WHOLE CAMPER is the SAME cable.

What switches between the two is the switcher (green light wall plate) in the Bedroom.

The other cable is ONLY for Satellite and does NOT go through the wall plate amp at all.

ONE of those cables is your SAT cable and the other is the roof TV and Park Cable coax.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 05:06 PM   #9

looks like you have a great handle on this and i do understand what you are saying...i'm up in canada and would like very much to talk with you over the phone if that would be ok with you....If you are ok with that feel free to send me your phone number to jody@southlandhonda.com and i will call you on my dime....i still need to understand one thing and would like to discuss that with you.

thanks
Jody
Old 05-24-2011, 05:23 PM   #10

the confusing thing to me is that there are only 2 cables coming from the wall in the main tv area...so let's say that one of the cables is from the antena and the other is from One of the 2 inputs from the rear of the RV....my question is being that there are 2 inputs in the back shouldn't there be 3 cables in total? 1-from the antena, 1-from the rear input that says sattelite and 1-from the input in the rear that says park cable?? that to me is how many "inputs" i see.....am i wrong?

Tags
antenna