Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2013, 08:09 PM   #1

Satellite Connection

Just purchased the tailgater for our sandpiper SAQ 365 and the only way we can get it to work is to connect it directly to the receiver. Any tips on why we can't hook to the satellite ports and get it working that way?
Braves Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Make sure your over the air antenna switch is off.
Did you change your tv to the correct input?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

We have our antenna switch off and out tv input is on HDMI 1 since we are using that connection.....we have tried using the other satellite port, getting a shorter r6 cable, changing our connectors to the barrel connectors to the HDTV blue inside ones.....so frustrating!!!!!
Braves Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #5

Unhappy Satelite receiver problems

I too am having satellite hook-up problems. There are two Satellite inputs on my 365 Sandpiper and one Park Cable input but this does not correspond with any satellite hook ups in the main living room where my receiver would be. The PVR receiver I purchased requires 2 satellite feeds. Is there any way to configure it so the two feeds are there at the receiver without major electrical renovations. I do not have any other TV's in the unit.
mymercury65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #6

when i installed a dish receiver in my trailer,i bypassed all the internal hookups for the entertainment center. i checked to see what color the wire was on the outside sat/cable hookups. the satellite coax is gray. i found that gray coax behind the inside hookups. i used a cable separator and hooked that to the gray sat.coax and then to the sat 1 and sat 2 hookups on the back of the receiver.
i realize this hookup won't be suitable for everyone,but since i am on a seasonal site i will not be using the antenna or park cable hookups.the only change i made was to unhook the sat.coax from the ant/sat.switch and hook it directly to the sat receiver. i also replaced the 12vt. tv set that came with the trailer and replaced it with a larger HD set. for the hookup from the receiver to the tv i used an HDMI cable
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Gib

I just purchased a Sandpiper 35ROK. When I hook up my dish to the satellite main, I can not get a signal off my receiver. If I hook direct to the TV I can get the signal and all my dish channels. Can someone assist me?
Gib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
I just purchased a Sandpiper 35ROK. When I hook up my dish to the satellite main, I can not get a signal off my receiver. If I hook direct to the TV I can get the signal and all my dish channels. Can someone assist me?
Is your antenna booster on?
If so turn it off.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post
Can you be more clear? You have three components: A satellite "dish", a satellite Receiver, and a TV. You can't be hooking the "dish" directly to the TV. Are you hooking the Receiver to the TV with an HDMI cable in all cases? Are we then talking about what method you are using to connect the "dish" to the receiver?

What Sat service do you use?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #10

Maybe I can help, we have a 365saq and two satellite inputs outside (along with a "park cable" input) The satellite inputs are stacked on top of each other, in other words, one higher up, and one below. For us, the lower connection that reads satellite runs to the living room. For us, the antenna doesn't need to be turned off, in fact we crank it up and leave it on, so we can watch local stations we wish to and then switch to the dish when we're ready. Behind the TV, I believe the TV is already connected to a jack that is labeled Antenna. There's only one more jack, and I believe it's labeled Cable. Even though it says cable, this is where the Satellite is delivered to from the jack outside. If I am incorrect about what that jack is labeled, then disregard my label only, the TV gets connected to where it receives the input when using the antenna. The lone other jack goes to the satellite receiver. Then from the receiver, you will use a cable to the TV and the corresponding input for that connection.

Lastly, we're using a Dish Network Tailgater. The tailgater works in a way that if you didn't realize what satellite connection you need to use, trial and error may actually put the system in a fail mode and one might never figure out which dang hookup to use. If you are also using a Tailgater, definitely try the lower satellite labeled hookup and the jack in the living room and I am quite certain you'll get it going. Satellite doesn't connect to the outside kitchen jack, the lower storage jack, or the back bedroom. Just living and master.

I hope this helps and I haven't confused you more.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #11
Gib

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Can you be more clear? You have three components: A satellite "dish", a satellite Receiver, and a TV. You can't be hooking the "dish" directly to the TV. Are you hooking the Receiver to the TV with an HDMI cable in all cases? Are we then talking about what method you are using to connect the "dish" to the receiver?

What Sat service do you use?
We are using DISH ..... we have found the issue. I had my Dish provider assist me with the issues we were having. We had to remove the stereo/DVD player from the cabinet. Behind that were the splitters. The incoming cable was not crimped and had pulled out. He put a new end on it and have resolved the issue.
Gib is offline   Reply With Quote