Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2014, 11:50 PM   #1

Slides

My Sandpiper has one slide button, when pressed puts out the bedroom slide, then the kitchen slide then the living room slide. Can you change it to put out one of the other slides first?
Old 09-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #2

My 2010 345RET is the same way. There is another string in the forum on this subject. (Can't remember the name of the post/string.) But, bottom line is that I don't think you can change it or choose which goes out first. Let's see if someone else remembers more than me.
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #3

There is a part that Lippert offers that allows you to control each slide individually, sorta. It basically allows you to turn off pressure to each hydraulic ram. There are a couple of problems that I see with it.
1. you would have to run new hydraulic hoses from this device to each hydraulic ram on the slides.
2. this would mount close to your hydraulic pump so to likely in a basement type area. And since this is just an on\off button you would have to open whatever slide you want, run down and change the valves for each slide after that. That would be a pain.

Edit: here is a link to what I was talking about: Clicky
Old 09-13-2014, 02:40 PM   #4

My 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 33rl has a hydraulic control for each slide on the outside control panel. I often shut off both bedroom and dinette slides so only the refer slide opens. We put it out 1/2 way for access and it works out well. In good weather, we picnic lunch in rest areas. If your unit is not built in this way, you need to know the dynamics before attempting to modify on your own! You may be making your own drama by having the slides open on their own!! Not a pretty picture!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #5

I called when we first got our unit and FR sated that it moves the slides out in order of easiest to hardest. I think it actually goes in order of closest to the pump, but who knows. We have 3 slides on on side, one slide on the other. Every now and then the one slide will come out before (or in the middle of) the others and I cannot have it out or I will block my street. FR said if someone pushes against that slide, with minimal body pressure, it will stop it from coming out. Sure enough, if I see that slide start to move, I have my wife come out, she holds the button down, while I lean against that slide. Works every time. It's not a fancy way to turn on and off a slide, but it's free and takes no time to install. Hope this helps.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #6

Now there is a quick ez cheap solution! Just reverse it and put the DW out to hold the slide�� tell her button pushing can be tricky!
Old 09-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #7

That will be perfect, I will just want the kitchen slide to come out when traveling. Will test it out on my rig.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #8

WARNING... There is a weight distribution consideration in hydraulic slide offset. Even though I can shut mine off by valve, by room, once I was slightly off level and opened the refer/stove slide all the way and it tipped to a scary position. I put it back in and ran it out and never had another issue. I say this because if you lean on the slide and should feel something weird, get the heck out of the way, fast.
Mine would have likely been ok, BUT, ya never know ! I know your situation is different BUT, just say'n�� these rolling boxes are mechanical in every sense of the word.
Be safe. Have fun.

Tags
slide, slide out