Old 07-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #11

Sorry to hear of so many problems. And I, too, don't see a problem with your posting factual information about a Forest River product since this is a Forest River product forum.

2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 302 FK

War Eagle
Island Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:29 PM   #12

Update we are on our way to Ft. Sill Ok to see our baby (20 years old) he just graduated from basic training with the Army we have went 150 miles & stopped 4 times to let the slides back in. Only 200 miles to go! A real pain in the bottom when you are traveling down the interstate. Hopefully everything will work when we get there.

Old 07-31-2010, 09:00 AM   #13

slide out problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv to camp View Post
Sorry my post was so long just trying to get my warnings out has anyone else had this many problems Or similar slidout problems?
Luv to camp, we also are having slide out problems in our 2008 Charleston. The kitchen slide is rubbing below the stove and wearing improperly. Not sure how to repair it.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurns View Post
Luv to camp, we also are having slide out problems in our 2008 Charleston. The kitchen slide is rubbing below the stove and wearing improperly. Not sure how to repair it.

It is my understanding you should be able to adjust the slide to take care of it. Some people do this on their own other take it in for service.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #15

sorry to hear

Sorry to hear about your problems and it only becomes a rant after a while. We on the other hand have been very fortunate so far with our V-Cross. We have had some early issues with ours but none that seem as serious as yours. Our dealer and his service people have bent over backwards to take care of those items. From some of your posts it sounds as though there may be some dealer issues here as well. There has been a number posted on the forum where you can speak directly to a Forest River rep. and maybe you should avail yourself of it. Whatever happens please keep us up to date and the best of luck to you. Old Guys
Old 08-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #16

Sorry about your problems. My Cedar Creek has been flawless except for the dealer caused problems.. I think it is now time, with documentation in hand to give the manufacturer a chance to fix things right. contact them by phone and follow up in writing giving a list of your specific complaints. Offer them a fair chance to make it right and be ready to file a lemon law claim. I do know there were a few club members with Creeks that the factory picked up their unit, took it back to cedar creek factory and made it right. Returning it all fixed and ready to use.
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 AM   #17

There is a lemon law on RV's, look it up and find out what your rights are. The small ultra lite campers will hold up longer, the bigger they are and the more fruit salad you get the more problems you will have. Slide outs are movable holes in the side of your camper, they have mechanical and electrical components that can fail along with alignment from towing and are attached to the bottom of the camper with an average of two steel tracks.
I have had problems with my one slide out and that's not counting other things as well, it's just part of being an owner of an RV, but as stated before, I would have left it on the lot and walked a way. The dealer should have gone over everything with you before you pulled off. I am sorry for your problems and you have the right to vent and I don't blame you. Good luck with the out come and keep us posted......
Old 08-20-2010, 08:44 PM   #18

Update...
So we changed plans by cancelling two weekends at the lake so the dealer could have our RV for 3 weeks to fix it.They came & got it on 8-10 & have until 9-1 to return it. We did request that they get it fixed ASAP & get it back to us. So on 8-17 I called them & spoke to the service guy (I really do feel sorry for him) only to be told that he took all the under bellies off & measured the cylinders so Forest River would know which cylinders to send him. Will I guess Forest River has now asked him to do a test because they don't want to send all the cylinders & he has not got it back in to do the test because we don't need it until the 1st.
I explained to him that I really felt like he needed to get it done ASAP in case the cylinder they sent him did nto fix the problem. He seemed a little suprised I would suggest that as he knew the problem was a cylinder leaking. I reminded him the first time they had it in they thought the problem was the pump. I have a feeling I am going to blow a gasket if they have it for 3 weeks & still do not have it fixed.

I have faxed them all the issues as of now & advised him at this time we are just really tired of it & wanted are RV returned problem free. Dang I wish we could go to the lake. Thanks to everyone for all your support.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #19

I said it before and I will say it again. INSIST that Forest River take it back to the factory and fix everything. It is obvious that the service department at your dealership is in over their heads.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #20

So far we love our new Flagstaff, no problems except for a sensitive breaker, and vents that would not stay open( already fixed)we have make 5 trips and have only a few minor complaints, one being the fold down legs on table which we discarded and install pedestal legs

Tags
sandpiper