Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2010, 12:14 AM   #1

So disapponted with our new 2010 356rl lemon plus major slidout problems

I cannot even begin to explain how upset we our with our purchase. I am hear to tell you I think it is put together with staples, tape cheap caulk & cheap screws.

We had slidout problems before we ever left the lot on 6-25. It starts with the bedroom slide coming out about 2" & then moves to the front & back living room slides. It has been back to the shop & still not fixed should go back in a couple weeks. Makes for great traveling sure hope we don't run into rain & never mind it has to be stored with slides out.

If anyone needs more information on this let me know the slide problem continues to get worse we now have to help the front living room slide out by pushing on the upper corner & it has tore the crap out of the slide out looks like roof repair & seals will need to be repaired.

The roof bubbles in the heat & the dealer is saying it has to do with the glue the use on the fabric & we our ok as long as it does not tear.

On our first trip out we found out after the water heater elements burned up that they had the lines switched at the factory so we had to have it on bypass instead of RV for water to get to the water heater. (Now fixed)
6 I repeat 6 leaks in the water lines. How much fun is that no city water hook up for 10 days of vacation. We had to fill the holding tank & used the water pump. We still had to take the pressure off after using water. Bay got wet we had to empty everything out & let the doors open so it would dry out. (all but 1 is now fixed)

One of the drain valves will not push in all the way. No sewer hose provided even after it went in for repairs.

Caulking on both sides of the coach gone for the most part serviceman had to caulk after being asked twice.

We only received one spray hose for the spray port still waiting for them to give us another one. Why? The water is controlled at the rear spray port which is fine but you have to shut the water off to move the hose to the front port so I guess you have to have 2 people to use the front pot one to test the water in the front port another to control the hot & cold at the back port.

Bedroom seal twisted on the bottom woke up to wet carpet next to the head of the bed. Had to use a tray the rest the rainy weekend. Wet carpet in the front slide they explain is now fixed but never did explain where it was coming from. Salesmen said will we did have heavy rain. HELLO it should not matter how much it rains it should not leak. (untwisted & operating properly but seal was not glues back to the RV)

Several windows will not open all the way 2 of them are so tight it is not worth the effort. 1 of the screens had a hole in it another windows exterior seal was to small & had to be replaced. (screen replaced windows not fixed)

Regulator on the propane chirped every time you use propane. (now fixed)

Shelf below the TV for receiver or VCR but no hole to feed wires thru. Service man had no clue how to take the living room TV off the mount so we could hook our ourselfs the satellite receiver to the TV. ( figured out ourselves after 2 days & also drilled our own hole) Same problem with no hole for cords in the bedroom shelf either.

Cable to hold the bay door so it will not open all the way & lay against the hot water heater vent broken upon possession. (still not fixed)

Bedroom cabinet door warped (now fixed)

Walls are so thin in some areas I am afraid to use the outlet for fear I will put a hole in the wall or shove the outlet thru the wall.

Screws on the awning are already rusting and awning squeakslike all get out when opening & closing.

Carpet in the hallway already has a bubble in it & needs to be stretched if possible.

Battery box vent hose was torn & just laid in there. Their fix just tape it on.

Front electric jacks make a terrible clanking noise when they are in use.

We have had the camper since 6-25-2010 & it will be going in next week so they can tear into the slides & get to the cylinders in hopes of finding the problem. I am to the point I want it replaced or my money back.

I am sure there are some more minor things I am forgetting it is almost a joke every time something breaks So disappointed Has anyone else had this many problems?

I am really thing that this was the last one on the assembly line & they used all the left over pieces to build ours.

The dealers fix to the slideout problem was slideout locks which only made it worse never mind that it tore the wallpaper on one of the walls.
Luv to camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:15 AM   #2

Sorry my post was so long just trying to get my warnings out has anyone else had this many problems Or similar slidout problems?
Old 07-27-2010, 12:22 AM   #3

Sorry to hear of your problems. I don't think it is a normal occurance. I don't know why you accepted the rig in the first place, should have just left it on the lot and walked away.

I also don't think you need to post this rant in multiple sections of the forum, we get your point.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM   #4

Sorry you fell like I was ranting the truth is the truth. This is about giving other potential buyers heads up on things to watch for as I would not wish our bad luck on anyone.
As for leaving the lot we were assured & it was put in writing the hydraulic pump was bad & would be replaced As soon as we got back form vacation. We were on day 1 of our vacation & had friends at a lake 3 hours away who had been waiting for 5 hours for us to arrive so we could leave on vacation.
As for a double post I posted the 2nd one in the other forum after receiving an error when I tried to post it in this forum. I was surprised to see that it actually showed up in this forum.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #5

We appreciate you letting us know the details of the manuf. failures. Your experience to far to common in the rv industry. It was the same in the auto industry until Toyota and other "foreign" makers impressed Americans with their quality control.
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 PM   #6
Wanna Be Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite View Post
We appreciate you letting us know the details of the manuf. failures. Your experience to far to common in the rv industry. It was the same in the auto industry until Toyota and other "foreign" makers impressed Americans with their quality control.
Your statement is wayy off the truth, it still is the same in the auto industry. Just ask my 2008 Ram 2500 that is going in for the 41st warranty repair on friday and that still won't fix the wandering steering issues that have plagued it since the day we picked it up and all the parts in the front end are in spec they just don't tell you that when all the parts in the front end at at the limits of in spec you end up with a truck with over 1/2" of play in the front end so is the auto industry any better umm no and as far as I am concerned the governments should have let them burn for the junk they make. As long as us the consumer keeps accepting the less than perfect quality these companies seem to think we will swallow they will keep giving us just what we accept. I say Here Here to Ya LUV TO CAMP let the whole world know you got a pile of junk and still make them fix it.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:51 PM   #7

We had and still have problems with our 2011 2902SS. We have found that its easier to fix the small problems ourselves. When we get back this fall its going back to the dealer (or Forest River) for a lists of problems from poor quality workmanship and low quality material. Forest River products are low cost and middle of the line. Some of my friends have better quality coaches and trailers and they have few problems and great customer service (my dealer told us" its a Forest River Product, what do you expect"). I hope to get 3 to 5 years out of the trailer, then we will upgrade to a Tiffin coach or a Carriage 5th wheel. Hope you get your problems fixed.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #8

Sorry to hear about all the problems you have had over the past year.

All I can say is your case is very rare because we have many satisfied customers here and no where has anyone had so much problems as you.

Don't get me wrong but raving here isn't the solution.
Have you had a 5th wheel before this one?
Who is your dealer?
Has your dealer been communication with Forest River?
Has your dealer been working trying solve the problem?
Who has your dealer been working with at Forest River?
Have you contacted Forest River directly?
Has Forest River made any concessions to you?
How many days has your rig been in for repairs?

Forest River has bent over backwards to insure their customers are satisfied. I would suggest to talk with someone at Forest River.

Good luck
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #9

I sure feel BLESSED we have had no issues with our Rockwood 1809S Mini Lite that needed to be addressed

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:58 AM   #10

Iggy we have had it for 36 days & all problems occured within the firts 15 days. I have not contacted Forest River but have spoke to the salesmen who said with major problems like this they need to do something & then the owner who said " these are not major problems" & raved on about how Forest River was a top of the line coach. Yes we have had campers for over 20 years & traded in a 99 Newmar American Star & never had a problem one.

Thanks to everyone for your respones I was a little worried after the first respones from the jeeper guy.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #11

Sorry to hear of so many problems. And I, too, don't see a problem with your posting factual information about a Forest River product since this is a Forest River product forum.
2015 Wildwood Heritage Glen 302 FK

War Eagle
Island Creek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #12

Update we are on our way to Ft. Sill Ok to see our baby (20 years old) he just graduated from basic training with the Army we have went 150 miles & stopped 4 times to let the slides back in. Only 200 miles to go! A real pain in the bottom when you are traveling down the interstate. Hopefully everything will work when we get there.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:00 AM   #13

slide out problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv to camp View Post
Sorry my post was so long just trying to get my warnings out has anyone else had this many problems Or similar slidout problems?
Luv to camp, we also are having slide out problems in our 2008 Charleston. The kitchen slide is rubbing below the stove and wearing improperly. Not sure how to repair it.
dmurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurns View Post
Luv to camp, we also are having slide out problems in our 2008 Charleston. The kitchen slide is rubbing below the stove and wearing improperly. Not sure how to repair it.

It is my understanding you should be able to adjust the slide to take care of it. Some people do this on their own other take it in for service.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #15

sorry to hear

Sorry to hear about your problems and it only becomes a rant after a while. We on the other hand have been very fortunate so far with our V-Cross. We have had some early issues with ours but none that seem as serious as yours. Our dealer and his service people have bent over backwards to take care of those items. From some of your posts it sounds as though there may be some dealer issues here as well. There has been a number posted on the forum where you can speak directly to a Forest River rep. and maybe you should avail yourself of it. Whatever happens please keep us up to date and the best of luck to you. Old Guys
Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 PM   #16

Sorry about your problems. My Cedar Creek has been flawless except for the dealer caused problems.. I think it is now time, with documentation in hand to give the manufacturer a chance to fix things right. contact them by phone and follow up in writing giving a list of your specific complaints. Offer them a fair chance to make it right and be ready to file a lemon law claim. I do know there were a few club members with Creeks that the factory picked up their unit, took it back to cedar creek factory and made it right. Returning it all fixed and ready to use.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #17

There is a lemon law on RV's, look it up and find out what your rights are. The small ultra lite campers will hold up longer, the bigger they are and the more fruit salad you get the more problems you will have. Slide outs are movable holes in the side of your camper, they have mechanical and electrical components that can fail along with alignment from towing and are attached to the bottom of the camper with an average of two steel tracks.
I have had problems with my one slide out and that's not counting other things as well, it's just part of being an owner of an RV, but as stated before, I would have left it on the lot and walked a way. The dealer should have gone over everything with you before you pulled off. I am sorry for your problems and you have the right to vent and I don't blame you. Good luck with the out come and keep us posted......
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:44 PM   #18

Update...
So we changed plans by cancelling two weekends at the lake so the dealer could have our RV for 3 weeks to fix it.They came & got it on 8-10 & have until 9-1 to return it. We did request that they get it fixed ASAP & get it back to us. So on 8-17 I called them & spoke to the service guy (I really do feel sorry for him) only to be told that he took all the under bellies off & measured the cylinders so Forest River would know which cylinders to send him. Will I guess Forest River has now asked him to do a test because they don't want to send all the cylinders & he has not got it back in to do the test because we don't need it until the 1st.
I explained to him that I really felt like he needed to get it done ASAP in case the cylinder they sent him did nto fix the problem. He seemed a little suprised I would suggest that as he knew the problem was a cylinder leaking. I reminded him the first time they had it in they thought the problem was the pump. I have a feeling I am going to blow a gasket if they have it for 3 weeks & still do not have it fixed.

I have faxed them all the issues as of now & advised him at this time we are just really tired of it & wanted are RV returned problem free. Dang I wish we could go to the lake. Thanks to everyone for all your support.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #19

I said it before and I will say it again. INSIST that Forest River take it back to the factory and fix everything. It is obvious that the service department at your dealership is in over their heads.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #20

So far we love our new Flagstaff, no problems except for a sensitive breaker, and vents that would not stay open( already fixed)we have make 5 trips and have only a few minor complaints, one being the fold down legs on table which we discarded and install pedestal legs
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper