Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #1

Stereo randomly turns on

Our stereo has turned itself on the past 2 nights! It was at different times or else i would have thought our little one set some kind of timer. Anyone have any clue what that could be? Thanks!

Old 04-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #2

When we had our popup our radio would turn itself on too. Nobody could figure out why so I got in the habit of turning the volume down to '0' when I turned it off so it wouldn't wake us up at 2:00 AM. The dealer finally got approval to swap it out with another. If it's still under warranty I'd contact your dealer.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #3

Our problem turned out to be simple. Our toddler turned on the alarm! I looked yesterday but didn't see it! Lol
Old 04-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #4

The other couple we camp with bought a new Keystone and had the same intermittent problem. It was funny it drove my buddy crazy cause he could never get it to replicate with any consistency. Then he said to me one morning if I turn it off with the button on the unit it stays off if I use the remote it came back on twice. I then thought about our TVs at home the remotes all work each others set top boxes plus we have a remote controlled ceiling fan that seems to have mind of its own some nights. Then it dawned on me with all of the radio frequencies on all the different devices we use today it's not that uncommon to have some misfires. But with my buddies rv stereo it looks to be more common in crowed campgrounds and I had to laugh thinking back on the night he was turning it off with the remote the poor neighbors unit was probably going on and off. They were having remote control wars and didn't even know it. Just a funny but plausible take the situation.

Good luck
Marc
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstephens1 View Post
Our problem turned out to be simple. Our toddler turned on the alarm! I looked yesterday but didn't see it! Lol
Glad you figured it out. Funny how fast little ones can do something and we never see it.