Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2015, 10:40 AM   #21

Rb8484,
Did you pull the trigger on the 371REBH? We ordered a 35ROK at the show.

Computer Nerd
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
Computer Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #22

Nope, didn't pull the trigger just yet. Really need to sell my Cardinal first. I have found a great deal on the 360pdek. If I can get my cardinal sold, we are going to try and purchase that one if it's still available. I've been scrambling trying to sell it! When will you take delivery of your 35rok?
rb8484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 01:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb8484 View Post
Nope, didn't pull the trigger just yet. Really need to sell my Cardinal first. I have found a great deal on the 360pdek. If I can get my cardinal sold, we are going to try and purchase that one if it's still available. I've been scrambling trying to sell it! When will you take delivery of your 35rok?

Not quite sure. I told our salesman we really don't need it until Spring, so he was going to try and put it at the end of their order run. We are guessing probably around the beginning of April.

Computer Nerd
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
Old 01-26-2015, 08:27 PM   #24

We just had our first trip in our new 360PDEK and was great. Very comfortable, moved from a 366 FL and lots of room. The dogs loved the deck, a little to cool and rainy for us to use but will get broken in at the lake this summer. Only issue has been a leaky galley tank valve which I'll fix myself. Good luck.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm still wanting to see a 371 in person. Wife is in love with the floorplan, but she also loves our 365. We'll probably wait to do anything until next year if we do switch. Let them get all the kinks out of the new design.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellstod View Post
We recently bought one. Love the floor plan. We had an 08 Wildcat 32QBBS for 7 years previous with forward bunkhouse. The rear entertainment area, plus the bunkhouse room is what attracted us. We love bunkhouse design but it takes away from entertainment living room space. But not with this one. The configuration of tv and living room works fine for us, it's big enough that you can comfortably watch tv even though your not directly facing the tv, swivel recliners will turn to get a better angle. Lots of added amenities, residential fridge, fireplace, washer dryer hookups, set space for generator if u want to add, central vac self shutting cabinet drawers, solid surface in kitchen etc. we are adding slide toppers which I'd recommend, for one I hate having to sweep off the slide tops after every trip, and this one has four slides, which adds a lot of extra room. Also We added tv mounts in kids room and bedroom. Directv dish, this one is pre wired well for sat and park cable/antenna, we just added a eagle aspen multi switch and just bring directv boxes from home and have sat at 3 tvs.
Anything you don't like about the 371? The 360 we were looking at sold, so we are trying to decide if we should just keep our 2008 Cardinal, or buy this. We are kind of on the fence about having a payment, as we bought our Cardinal with cash, granted, we will have half down.
Just want all the input we can get on this from someone that already owns one.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #27
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb8484 View Post
Anything you don't like about the 371? The 360 we were looking at sold, so we are trying to decide if we should just keep our 2008 Cardinal, or buy this. We are kind of on the fence about having a payment, as we bought our Cardinal with cash, granted, we will have half down.
Just want all the input we can get on this from someone that already owns one.
I will tell you, they can't make them fast enough, so people are buying them up. I talked with the Sierra/Sandpiper sales rep a couple weeks ago and the dealers are buying them up. My dealer had an order in for 10 371s that were for his lot. Won't be long before someone on here has one. I think Sabre has a similar model floorplan. May check with the Sabre sub-forum also.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:01 PM   #28

I'm very close to buying the 371REBH but would like to have a bike rack. Do you think it would be possible to mount one on the back of this? I'm also a little concerned that the bunkhouse might not have enough ventilation, though I see there is a window. I assume it opens?
OnSabbatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:42 AM   #29
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnSabbatical View Post
I'm very close to buying the 371REBH but would like to have a bike rack. Do you think it would be possible to mount one on the back of this? I'm also a little concerned that the bunkhouse might not have enough ventilation, though I see there is a window. I assume it opens?

The window would most certainly open, and I think it has to be an escape hatch window since it's in a bedroom. As for the bike rack, the bumpers won't handle it but there are other options. Some of us have done this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423050117.937207.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	69173Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1423050152.904388.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	69174

Old 02-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #30

I put a Curt front mount receiver on the front of my GMC 3500 and use a Swagman XC bike rack. Hitch took less than an hour to install. Bolts onto existing holes in frame. It has worked great, easy to get bikes on and off and you can keep an eye on them.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #31

Do you all think the absence of an outside kitchen and or second bathroom will affect the resale value of this model? We're planning to use ours for a one-year trip, full-time, but may sell it after that.
Old 02-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #32
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Do you all think the absence of an outside kitchen and or second bathroom will affect the resale value of this model? We're planning to use ours for a one-year trip, full-time, but may sell it after that.
The outside kitchen seems to be either a love it or hate it option, so I don't think that would affect you much, but it may limit some buyers. We have an outside kitchen and I love it and a second bath, but I'm still very tempted to buy one of these models. The second bath doesn't get used nearly as much, until we have a complete house full (2 families). I think you would do fine with this model, although being it's in it's first year, there may be upgrades and refinements that will make the new model more desirable. (ie: 365SAQ & 365SAQ-B)
Old 02-08-2015, 07:54 PM   #33

When do the new models come out?
Old 02-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #34
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
When do the new models come out?

Sometimes they come out with a half model year, but usually in the late fall. Sometimes they just make the smallest of changes, regardless, I wouldn't wait.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:35 AM   #35

One dealer I talked to said they could mount a back rack on the bumper. Was he ill-informed or just blowing smoke? He also suggested mounting some kind of flat rack on the bumper for a generator, if I wanted one (though I'm not sure I want to make this thing any longer than it is. . . . )
Old 02-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #36

AquaMan, how exactly did you attach a bike rack to the front hitch? What equipment are you using? Is it safe for the bikes during turns etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
The window would most certainly open, and I think it has to be an escape hatch window since it's in a bedroom. As for the bike rack, the bumpers won't handle it but there are other options. Some of us have done this. Attachment 69173Attachment 69174

Old 02-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #37

So are bumpers not what they used to be? We had a 99 a Sunnybrook TT that we mounted a two bike rack to the bumper. We used it for 14 years that way

Computer Nerd
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
Old 02-18-2015, 07:01 AM   #38
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
AquaMan, how exactly did you attach a bike rack to the front hitch? What equipment are you using? Is it safe for the bikes during turns etc?

I built a receiver hitch that is bolted to the king pin box. I also built the bike rack, because at the time there wasn't anything available like I wanted. Swagman now has a rack like I built. I have no issues at all with clearance. I could even add another couple bikes and still clear. Loading can be a trick, but I just stand on the tailgate and raise and lower the bikes on and off. Works out well. The bikes don't move around at all. PM me if you want/need more info.

Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #39

Well, I've gone and put a deposit on a 371REBH, and now I'm having buyer's panic that the thing is too big. I had been considering a Wildcat that was four feet smaller. Would that make a significant difference in finding good spaces at campgrounds?
Old 02-21-2015, 09:10 PM   #40

Quote:
Well, I've gone and put a deposit on a 371REBH, and now I'm having buyer's panic that the thing is too big. I had been considering a Wildcat that was four feet smaller. Would that make a significant difference in finding good spaces at campgrounds?
I'll give you $30,000 for it! I just need it by April 1st!