Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #1

thinking of a new leftover 2007 321BHT

HI

I stumbled upon this site looking for information. We looked at a left-over 2007 Sandpiper 321BHT the other day. We did not have time to talk price, but they said the would work with "cost" whatever that means b/c the want to move the trailer. I believe he said the cost new retail was high 30's.

We really want to keep our cost low 20's, buying something that is not used.

This floor plan seems to be what we are looking for because it has the double slide in the bunkhouse with huge amt of space for all 3 of our boys. The only thing it seems to be lacking is the the length of the queen bed... your feet will hit the entertainment center. Looking at the floorplans online though, the 351BHT would be perfect and resolve that issue, but that is not the one left over :shucks and I doubt we can afford that new... it's is longer.

We are concerned about buying the trailer when it's been sitting on a lot for 3 yrs never bought, seems kind of strange since it seems to be a great floorplan ( minus the short bed issue).

towing is not an issue b/c we do not tow anymore, just leave it on a seasonal site.

Anyone have any guidance for us?

Thank you!

Jen
tyry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Grape Escape

Buy what you really want or can live with, cause if you are not satisfied you will be second guessing till you buy next trailer and it won't be cheaper in the long run. A bargain is no bargain if it is not what you really want.
How do I know? 3 trailers in 4 years but very happy now
44 for 2011, 38 for 2012, 35 for 2013, 51 for 2014
dezolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Nascar Camping Send a message via AIM to Nascar Camping Send a message via Yahoo to Nascar Camping
Wandering if you brought the 2007 BHT sandpiper? I have brought mine in 2006 and never looked back. It's a great trailer indeed.
Firestone Air Bags
Nascar Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

To me the bed is the main thing. If I didn't care about the bed, abd maybe a bath, I would be in a tent on the ground. If you buy it. get new tires in the deal. Bought mine after it sat for a year, blew a tire first 500 miles. Put water pressure on everything and check for leaks. Hose it down with a water hose or get there right after a rain and check for leaks. Nobody using it, it may have problems, Make sure you get warranty expiration date in writing. Good luck with your decision. If you get it, think about how long it will take before you can trade. Gotta sleep in that bed that long.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper