Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 814
Time to move to the Sandpiper section

Looks like it is time for me to move from the Coachmen section over to the Sandpiper section. I did what so many others have done and went to "look" at our local RV Dealer and DW fell in love. We walked into a 2013 365SAQ that has the second AC, king bed, leather couch and dinette, and before she had made it into the bunkhouse area she was sold. Once she saw the bunks, I was informed we had to have it. So much for just looking at the floor plan to see if its something we want to consider down the road. Luckily for me it has all the bells a whistles I wanted so it wasn't hard for her to make me really consider it, besides you know what they say "if momma ain't happy...."
Anyway, now its time to start cleaning out the old to put all our junk in the new one when we bring it home.


In related news it is also time to look a little more seriously about a new TV
__________________

__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 17,196
Congrats! I loved that floorplan when we walked through it.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling a 2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
kerrlakelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 483
Welcome to Sandpiper land! That is a great bunk floorplan.
__________________
North Carolina born and bred
2010 Sandpiper 345RET
2011 2500 Duramax Silverado
2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 10,366
Congrats on your 2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ !
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 30
The same thing happened to me except we were at the Atlantic City RV show. We owned a beautiful Layton Skyline Joey but when my DW walked inside the SAQ 365 that was it. Once inside the Sandpiper I could not disagree with her. We love it, just love it. Congratulations on your new purchase. You will find this 5th wheel is very easy to maintain and enjoy.
__________________
Ken & Diane
KenNJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 814
We are definitely excited about this one. Never thought we would buy a new one, but I guess when the right deal comes along you take it.
After our trip last weekend we had decided we are done camping for the year. But, now that we are getting a new toy I imagine a trip or two is in order to celebrate I guess first thing to do is get it to the scales and make sure I wouldn't be over rear axle\tire ratings.
__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
5erDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
We are definitely excited about this one. Never thought we would buy a new one, but I guess when the right deal comes along you take it.
After our trip last weekend we had decided we are done camping for the year. But, now that we are getting a new toy I imagine a trip or two is in order to celebrate I guess first thing to do is get it to the scales and make sure I wouldn't be over rear axle\tire ratings.
Congrats. We have the same unit and just got done with our first full season. Winterized and covered now. About 80 nights in it since the end of March. And about 10 last fall when we picked it up. We absolutely love it.
I was thinking of starting a thread on hints and tips for the 365. After spending so long in it I feel I know the unit as well as you could and I'm sure I could pass on some good info to other owners and vice versa. For example. Don't put out your awning with the side pass thru storage door latched open. Door will get crunched by awning arms. Also. MAKE SURE the door from the rear bathroom to the bunk room is closed before you put your slides out. You'll wreck either the door and/or the slide or aluminum trim on the outside below the kitchen. I put a lock on it to be sure. Also, all the cabinet doors in the bunk room need to be strapped to travel and slide out or again, potential for damage. I could share alot. Im sure others could too. Hope it helps. Any questions you have on the unit before or after you get it we would all be happy to help. You'll love it!!
__________________
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
2008 Ford F350 Super Duty
6.4L Powerstroke Long Bed CC
5erDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
AquaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tipp City, OH
Posts: 6,900
Congrats Helmsey and welcome to the 365saq club! We have 2 years on ours and have done a few mods as well. Also make sure cabinets above entertainment center in living area are closed before slide goes out.
__________________
2016 Georgetown 364TS
2017 Jeep Rubicon Recon toad
Nights Camped 2018 - 23
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
golfmedik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Auburn, GA
Posts: 966
Congrats on the 365! I'll bet you will love it as much as the rest of us. Fantastic floor plan! Do you by chance have the 7k axles under yours? We've had our 365 for a couple of years now and love it more every time we camp!
__________________
2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5erDriver View Post
I was thinking of starting a thread on hints and tips for the 365. After spending so long in it I feel I know the unit as well as you could and I'm sure I could pass on some good info to other owners and vice versa. For example. Don't put out your awning with the side pass thru storage door latched open. Door will get crunched by awning arms. Also. MAKE SURE the door from the rear bathroom to the bunk room is closed before you put your slides out. You'll wreck either the door and/or the slide or aluminum trim on the outside below the kitchen. I put a lock on it to be sure. Also, all the cabinet doors in the bunk room need to be strapped to travel and slide out or again, potential for damage. I could share alot. Im sure others could too. Hope it helps. Any questions you have on the unit before or after you get it we would all be happy to help. You'll love it!!
I think you should, I looked for one as we were debating on this camper and didn't see one
I will have to add your items to my list of "stuff" to watch out for to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Congrats Helmsey and welcome to the 365saq club! We have 2 years on ours and have done a few mods as well. Also make sure cabinets above entertainment center in living area are closed before slide goes out.
Thanks! and thanks for the tips on the cabinets, another one to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Congrats on the 365! I'll bet you will love it as much as the rest of us. Fantastic floor plan! Do you by chance have the 7k axles under yours? We've had our 365 for a couple of years now and love it more every time we camp!
Thanks, I'm sure we will love it. I have seen nothing but good comments about it here and that played into it being one we looked at.
This one currently has the 6k axles under it. I have read (a couple times) all your info about what you went through and that was something that was in the back of my head when looking at this one. When we do pick it up, the fist stop will be the CAT scales to get exact numbers to know where we are.
__________________

__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sandpiper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.