Old 07-07-2014, 12:25 PM   #11
Chief engineer Worcester Fire Dept 10yrs member for 21. Sorry to hear about your mishap but a lot of factors here in my opinion. Everything in today's market is built to minimum spec not max. That's fueled by price point. Second size is the next problem we a want max living space but super lite weight too. Third is the de industrialization of the US now I'm not 100% sure but that's probably 6" box tube bought from the lowest bidder (probably china) junk steel. Forth is and we all do it is he was probably a little over weigh on the tongue and because
"the economy is bad" so that means no money to fix the roads and they suck, just adds 1 more factor to the point of failure bucket. Bottom line poor quality materials very low engineering specifications and rough use = premature failure add that to unaccountable manufactures and loop hole loving insurance companies and you have the owner/consumer holding the bag. However if you had to have a failure that's not to bad of a failure to have, its easily repairable and highly upgrade able at the time of repair. If he's in PA I could do the job for him.

Good luck and Thank him for his yrs of service,

06 3500 Laramie Dodge Mega Cab 4x4 5.9CTD Short Bed Dually
13 Sandpiper 365SAQ Fifth Wheel
05 Chevrolet Tahoe
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:37 PM   #12
X2 on Marc's comment above. I'm an 18 year firefighter, 27 year medic. Glad to see you here. Not under these conditions of course. Any reputable fabrication person/business should be able to repair it, and do it correctly, so that will never happen again. Thank God no one was hurt.

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ weighing @ 15k, Onan, 2nd air, slide toppers, TST
2013 F350 6.7L Lariat 4x4 CC DRW,Viair 1007, Ride-Rites, Edge CTS, B&W
2001 Chevy 3500CC DRW 4x4, 8.1L, 4.10 gears w/ Detroit TrueTrac
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #13
Looks to me like he may have taken a bump pretty hard

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #14
in the pictures is the RV hitched to the truck? just curious because it looks like it was and the truck would have been substantially higher than the A frame, also is the truck lifted and how much drop was on the ball mount?
bob34787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:41 PM   #15
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
The A frame can be cut off and a new heavier wall A frame built and installed. Not a major undertaking. Would guess a competent welding shop could do it in less than 8 hours.

2013 RAM 3500 Dually Longhorn
2014 Trilogy 3650RL, W/D, Onan 5500, 8000# Axles, IS, 960 Watt Solar, 6x6 Volt Battery Bank, Freedom SW 3012 Inv/Charger
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote

hitch, trailer