Old 09-04-2013, 09:17 PM   #1

VERY low water pressure

We had a 2005 Flagstaff and just bought a 2010 Sandpiper (which we love). Both had/have horrible water pressure when hooked to city/camp ground water supply. I have very good water pressure right to the end of my white water hose. When I attach it to the RV, the pressure inside is horrible...kitchen, bath vanity and, most annoying, shower. (I've see where some of our fellow FRF members buy the Oxygen something head.) I would buy one of those fancy shower heads if I had decent pressure at the sinks. But, pressure is horrible throughout. I've been RVing in multiple types of RVs for 30 years and I'm a pretty savy do it yourselfer, but I am at a loss on this one. Does anyone know if Forest River has a built in pressure control designed into the system? Or has anyone found a silver bullet for low pressure in your Sandpipper or other Forest River RV? I'm sitting here at the Outer Banks and would love to be able to take a good shower tomorrow.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrlakelover View Post
We had a 2005 Flagstaff and just bought a 2010 Sandpiper (which we love). Both had/have horrible water pressure when hooked to city/camp ground water supply. I have very good water pressure right to the end of my white water hose. When I attach it to the RV, the pressure inside is horrible...kitchen, bath vanity and, most annoying, shower. (I've see where some of our fellow FRF members buy the Oxygen something head.) I would buy one of those fancy shower heads if I had decent pressure at the sinks. But, pressure is horrible throughout. I've been RVing in multiple types of RVs for 30 years and I'm a pretty savy do it yourselfer, but I am at a loss on this one. Does anyone know if Forest River has a built in pressure control designed into the system? Or has anyone found a silver bullet for low pressure in your Sandpipper or other Forest River RV? I'm sitting here at the Outer Banks and would love to be able to take a good shower tomorrow.
When I bought (see links below) my pressure problems were over.
Also check filter if you have one. Sometime the fixtures can clog with junk from rusty water, clean if needed.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...ead-free/49511

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...it-white/68324

2017-67 / 16-92 / 15-73 / 14-60 / 13-33
Seasonal
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #3

Platokidd, thanks so much for the quick response!! I'm not challenging your recommendation at all....I'm just trying to understand how this might resolve my problem. I have removed anything in the water system from the campground supply faucet right to the connection point of my FW that might restrict water flow/pressure. So, unless Forest River has hidden a pressure regulator in the system somewhere, when I attach my water hose, I should realize full water pressure of the system (city or campground) that is supplying the water. I thought a pressure regulator would prevent damage to my FW water system should I attach to a campground water system that has crazy pressure. With these thoughts in mind, how will the water regulator you recommend increase the water pressure in my FW. Again, not challenging you, I'm trying to understand how it works to improve my water pressure.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
Site Team

I might not be the best at explain this. The shower head is a must have made a BIG improvement for us. We can now take a shower,before it was a waste of time.
The regulator will protect your system your right. But I think it also pressurizes and hold that pressure in your lines(not sure). The one I have is adjustable so i turn it up to 45-50 peek 60 on the dial.
At the campground the water pressure can vary. Thus the water pressure in your unit will change.
There still is some change in water pressure as it varies some too. But it is way better!
Im sure someone will come along here and explain it better then I did.
Seasonal
Old 09-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #5

Are you having 'good' water pressure from just the TT pump? If so, then more that half of your tracing is done. Now trace from the city water inlet to the cold water side. There should be a screen there. Is it clogged up? Is there a shut off valve that may be mostly closed off. Look around the water heater on the inside at the winterization valves. Can you find a back flow preventer that can not open very well?

You should also use a pressure reducer on the end of your 'white hose' that you hook up to the city water inlet. Even though you have 'low pressure' at the fausets/shower/stool..... somewhere there is a build up of pressure in your lines and it is not if, but when.... will a line blow out if that pressure is not kept at a manageable psi

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:30 AM   #6

Got it fixed! Had a couple of problems. One, always buy 2 water filters and don't assume a water filter can't be defective. Just for the heck of it I replaced the new water filter with the other filter that came in the 2 pack....eureka, pressure got better. Two, kitchen faucet is the type that you can pull out and use as a sprayer. The hose is pulled back into the fixture by a weight on the flexible hose under the sink. Somehow, the hose had gotten kinked right at the weight. Solution, I moved the weight right over the kink and the weight around the kink made it open up. Three, yep, the shower head is not worth a dime...so, I'm going to be buying one of the fancy ones that all the FRF friends recommend. Four, I'll also be buying an adjustable pressure regulator, but I really don't think that had anything to do with my problem because I completely remove my regulator and it made no difference. But, I do like the idea of an adjustable regulator. Thanks to you guys for responding quickly with ideas that got my "trouble shooting juices" flowing. LASTLY, now that I have decent pressure, I've found the one thing I'm really disappointed with in our Sandpiper 345RET...with all the space in this FW, you can't cuss a cat in the shower. I know, I know, I did realize this shower was smaller than what I had in our little Flagstaff FW, but come on Forest River. But, I did not realize how small it was until I actually tried to enjoy a shower. Oh well, you can't have everything. Thanks again guys! Now I can enjoy our time at the Outer Banks.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #7
Site Team

That is good to hear! Happy campin!

Seasonal

Tags
pressure, water