Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #1

Wangaurd or Tailgater sat antennae

Does anyone have an opinion on which portable sat antennae works best?
jamsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #2

For which Satellite service provider? Do you want HD, or are you happy with old standard-definition TV?
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #3

Dish network and yes I would like to have HD signal.
jamsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #4

Lots of people have the Tailgater and seem to like it. I think either is fine but the Tailgater is cheaper so I would go with that. If you want to connect up more than one TV (on different channels) then some of the Winegards support that (whereas the Tailgater does not).
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:59 AM   #5

We have the winegard pathway 2 which is awesome plus we can use two receivers as well
Tm_rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #6

Also we've had friends who bought the tailgater and returned to purchase the pathway x2 like ours and everyone loves this dish
Old 05-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #7

We have the tailgater and are pleased so far. But you can only hook up one receiver. If you have multiple TV's and want to watch different channels, this would not be for you.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:10 PM   #8

We have 5 tvs on our 5ver and not always does everyone want to watch the same thing this is why we went with the pathway x2 it allows you to use satellite on multiple tvs
Old 05-28-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tm_rich View Post
We have 5 tvs on our 5ver and not always does everyone want to watch the same thing this is why we went with the pathway x2 it allows you to use satellite on multiple tvs
5? Where do you put them all?

TURBS

"Sabre owners united"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 PM   #10

There's one in the master bedroom, the living room, the party deck , the outdoor kitchen and one in the storage compartment up front....lol...plus there's 6 pot door speakers and 6 inside speakers plus a sub for the surround sound...this trailer is truly an awesome house on wheels
Old 06-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #11

@ TM Rich
I have a 2015 pdek trying to figure out multiple sat hook up. When I connect to sat main I have no sat reception so I connected to sat rear to watch tv in living room and just used park cable for outside kitchen tv. I have the flex sattelite dish reciever and direct tv service. Im putting a tv in bed room and on deck, curios a obout your setup would like pics if you have.
Thanks AJ
palominoryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #12

Our sat unit is the winegard x2 pathway...we were told this is the only sat unit to use multiple receivers for different channels on different tvs...we hooked up the first to the main and set up our receiver...then we hooked up our second receiver to the second port of the sat dish to the front which is the bedroom and setup the second receiver....that was the only way to get it all set up according to dish network who we have home service with...we had to add the two receivers to our account then they activated the two receivers...now if I want to use the outdoor kitchen tv I just move the receiver out there and hook directly to that tv...because they didn't have a port for that tv in the main hookup area nor dot they have one for the tv plug in the front storage area....didn't make any sense to us at all...if your gonna put all those jacks in you should have a jack up front where everything else is...so what color combination did you?
Old 06-01-2014, 09:09 PM   #13

Also you can not split the signal with a splitter for some reason it wouldn't work when I done it
Old 06-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #14

We bought the tailgater and travel a lot. Different states everyday so had to reset and search for each state if we could get a clear look at sat. Most of the cgs had trees blocking so no go. Sent receiver back to dish. Have tailgater doorstop!! Lol
Travelingbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #15

Yes sir this is why we like the pathway x2 everyone we talked to said this was the only one to get...we travel a lot our selves and have yet to not get a reception anywhere we go....our dish automaticly points itself...we don't have to call in where ever we go....the only thing is the local channels don't come in unless we call...but to remedy that because it was a pain,in the butt...we bought an over the air antenna and hooked it up to the receiver and now we get local channels no matter where we are
Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

Quote:
And I thought we were bad with 3 in the 5er. Have 5 in the house.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #17

Hey old coot...well you know how it is....lol...our trailer came with three...but there was two more jacks ...one on our party deck and we do spend a lot of time on the deck so of course we had to put one there...it just wouldn't be right...then up front the kids always wanna watch a DVD so we put a swing out there for the kiddies with a DVD player just for them...they stay happy lol...
Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Hey old coot...well you know how it is....lol...our trailer came with three...but there was two more jacks ...one on our party deck and we do spend a lot of time on the deck so of course we had to put one there...it just wouldn't be right...then up front the kids always wanna watch a DVD so we put a swing out there for the kiddies with a DVD player just for them...they stay happy lol...
Understand, but there is only the 2 of us, so when we're home we have 8 available.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #19

I'm with you there us too...but sometimes we take the kids and the gran babies

Tags
antenna, antennae