Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2016, 02:26 PM   #1

Warranty issues with 371REBH 5 mo old

Has anyone had a lot of warranty issues with their unit? Ours has had the waste system from the shower repaired, due to a leak that dumped so much waste water into the underbelly the covering fell down, waiting on a new LG microwave due to weird noises coming out of it, a window moulding on the outside that keeps coming apart every time the slide goes in and out 1 of the toppers that sags after a rain the others stay tight, dealer says just bring the slides in and out to deal with the topper... Really it of course is the last one to go in and out and no individual slide switches...a storage compartment latch that has fallen apart and the residential fridge that on our last trip apparently flipped out of its compartment appears to have hit the dining booth and bounced back into place, it now has a dent, tore out the piece of paneling that was above it, damaged the frame around the fridge. (No we did not go up any weird hills sharp turns etc) I am guessing the 2 L brackets attached to the bottom front are the only things that "held it in place" if you can call it that due to the damage done. An A/c system that barely keeps the unit at 79 degrees during the day even with both units running.... I know to expect things with a new unit but.... Tried to attach pictures of each of the above but seems to be only letting me submit 1[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 119729[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	119732  
Bobbm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #2

Additional picture

Window moulding that keeps coming out
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	163
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	119733  
Old 09-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #3

Damaged area above fridge

Views:	230
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	119734
Picture is flipped sorry
Old 09-08-2016, 04:01 PM   #4

Thumbs up

We have had a few problems without 2017 376- BHOK but it's tone expected. You are essentially driving a house on wheels. Depending on your A/C unit, Dometic has admitted that there is a problem and have already designed a permanent fix. Free of charge to you of course. For everything else I contacted Forest River and spoke with Jeff Johnson. That guy is amazing. So far everything has been a breeze as far as warranty goes. So take a deep breath and write Forest River an email or call them, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Daniel976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel976 View Post
We have had a few problems without 2017 376- BHOK but it's tone expected. You are essentially driving a house on wheels. Depending on your A/C unit, Dometic has admitted that there is a problem and have already designed a permanent fix. Free of charge to you of course. For everything else I contacted Forest River and spoke with Jeff Johnson. That guy is amazing. So far everything has been a breeze as far as warranty goes. So take a deep breath and write Forest River an email or call them, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

What did they do to ur ac for the permanent fix? I have the 5 vents and added two more supply vents and i still cant cool it.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #6

Forest River sent a kit out to my dealer that has two more return vents, and four more registers. The kit also included a couple of electrical connections as well. There are details for specific placements to help the dead spots in the rig and ducting. I have the Dometic 15k Quiet Cool. Forest River got the kit to my dealer within 48 hours. After reading some posts on the forum , I was very apprehensive and skeptical about getting any warranty work done. I was wrong. Forest River and Jeff Johnson impressed me and I feel good about buying our Sandpiper. Emailing worked the best for me. I didn't even have to talk to Dometic. If you have anymore questions let me know.
Daniel976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #7

I've got a 16 Rebh and have a fair amount of minor issues. Mine doesn't have the quiet cool, but here in FL in direct sunlight the living room will not come below 80 in the afternoon. Add some shade and it does great, but I don't bring oak trees with me..lol..
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:35 AM   #8

I have a 2017 371 REBH and have had a few problems but my dealer has given me great support and FR has as well. I also had the slide window moulding come out. They are putting in a new one.
Alpha Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:47 PM   #9

Thanks to all for your replys, I appreciate the insight this is our 3rd RV 2nd 5ver, our dealer has been helpful and continues to work with us
Bob
Old 09-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #10

We have had clear coat problems on the nose of ours. Seal issues on all the slides. Ac doesn't cool very well. Jacks snapping and popping. And a bunch of issues from factory that had to be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
seanrohatyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:50 AM   #11

I have a 2017 371 REBH and have not had any issues with slides or Jack's. Did have a couple punch list issues when I picked it up but they areally being addressed by dealer. (CW).
Alpha Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:55 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbm11 View Post
Has anyone had a lot of warranty issues with their unit? Ours has had the waste system from the shower repaired, due to a leak that dumped so much waste water into the underbelly the covering fell down, waiting on a new LG microwave due to weird noises coming out of it, a window moulding on the outside that keeps coming apart every time the slide goes in and out 1 of the toppers that sags after a rain the others stay tight, dealer says just bring the slides in and out to deal with the topper... Really it of course is the last one to go in and out and no individual slide switches...a storage compartment latch that has fallen apart and the residential fridge that on our last trip apparently flipped out of its compartment appears to have hit the dining booth and bounced back into place, it now has a dent, tore out the piece of paneling that was above it, damaged the frame around the fridge. (No we did not go up any weird hills sharp turns etc) I am guessing the 2 L brackets attached to the bottom front are the only things that "held it in place" if you can call it that due to the damage done. An A/c system that barely keeps the unit at 79 degrees during the day even with both units running.... I know to expect things with a new unit but.... Tried to attach pictures of each of the above but seems to be only letting me submit 1[ATTACH][ATTACH]Attachment 119729[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Our fridge did the swan dive too. We got a whole new fridge. The dealer did a half ass job on the trim repair and put a strap across the top to prevent it from happening again. I think that isn't the correct way to fix it but it works. We have also had a problem with our a/c and it is now in for the second time to be looked at (at a different dealer from the first time because it was looked at by the dealer that did the fridge work and I don't have confidence in them). The dealer it is at now is supposed to be doing the recall additional vent work as well. Our slides and jacks started acting up the last time we had it out. The dealer said it was a common issue that the breaker was overheating during operation and they needed to add a second breaker. We will see......
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrohatyn View Post
We have had clear coat problems on the nose of ours. Seal issues on all the slides. Ac doesn't cool very well. Jacks snapping and popping. And a bunch of issues from factory that had to be fixed.

There is a thread about the Lippert jacks. You remove a quart of the hydraulic oil and add a quart of caterpillar synthetic hydraulic conditioner....search the thread....it worked
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:08 AM   #14

It didn't work on mine. Popped and snapped all summer. The dealer added 1 quart cycled and sent it out. Still did it. I added another quart and cycled all hydraulics. Still popped and snapped. And we both used the CAT additive. Needless to say they will be looking at it again.

seanrohatyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #15

My 377flik was popping the fuse for the gear located near the hydraulic reservoir. Dealer replaced relay with a stronger unit n now works as it should. Also was advised 15amp shore power at home is not enough to keep batts charged so now I use a battery tender.
Prophead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:35 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophead View Post
My 377flik was popping the fuse for the gear located near the hydraulic reservoir. Dealer replaced relay with a stronger unit n now works as it should. Also was advised 15amp shore power at home is not enough to keep batts charged so now I use a battery tender.
They did this to mine too and I get it back tomorrow.. We will see if that fixed the breaker popping issue. Can you explain further on the 15amp and battery thing? They said my less than 1 year old batteries were shot this time when I took it in for the breaker and other things.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
Old 10-23-2016, 09:07 PM   #17

You have 2 batteries; output from standard outlet at home is 15amp. As explained to me it's not enough to charge batteries so on a separate outlet from house i run to the the batteries n keep a battery tender on them. Prior to that my batteries were running down n didn't know why.
Prophead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:09 PM   #18

Quote:
You have 2 batteries; output from standard outlet at home is 15amp. As explained to me it's not enough to charge batteries so on a separate outlet from house i run to the the batteries n keep a battery tender on them. Prior to that my batteries were running down n didn't know why.

Doesnt sound right. Unless the adapter you were using only fed 120 volts to one leg of your camper leaving the converter on the other leg. What kinda 50 amp adapter to 15 did you have?
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Doesnt sound right. Unless the adapter you were using only fed 120 volts to one leg of your camper leaving the converter on the other leg. What kinda 50 amp adapter to 15 did you have?
Yeah that makes no sense to me either. I wasn't having any issues with them staying charged. But every time I picked it up from warranty repairs from the first dealer I tried the batteries were stone cold dead like they hadn't killed the battery switch or kept it on power so the batteries would stay charged while they had it. And they had it for 2 MONTHS every time they had it!
Old 10-23-2016, 09:35 PM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
For 10 years, I've been using a 15amp house outlet to plug my shore cord into, to recharge my dual battery setup.
It uses the WFCO converter to do this and I have NEVER had any issues and the batteries stay fully charged.

I don't know who "explained" it that way but they're wrong, unless something wrong with the converter.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty