Problems on Delivery: And no response from FR
2015 Sandpiper 367BHOK
I've contacted both Jeff Johnson + Wayne from Forest River. I've contacted our dealership, both salesman, manager, and finance. I've also contacted a repair service who has not heard back from FR. I've copied the email below. At this point, everything is going in writing. Not sure how many of you are having service problems getting needed repairs. Our unit was delivered with these issues and signed off upon inspection with side notes. Should I be contacting my lawyer at this point? Any advise would be greatly appreciated. I have a fabulous lawyer, but I really don't want to have to go that route! Just want to enjoy our beautiful camper without constantly going unlevel because of the front jack stand and the bubbles in the flooring.....
I am sending this email over again. I haven't heard back from anyone.......And three more updates from this past weekend: Johns RV brought a ladder to remove a piece of film left on one of the decals. It did not come off very well and will need to be replaced. Also, you send me the storage keys, thank you. However, we are missing the keys to the outside kitchen and back control door. And lastly, our washer is leaking and soaked the bedroom carpet. My husband tried to tighten the back connection to the washer. We will attempt to try again next week.......after the carpet is dry.
Angela.....I left you a message on Wednesday as to where to send this check to Sec of State Vehicle Services. There is no other documentation provided, other than the check. Thanks in advance.
Mike.......I have made contact with Tim in service and gave him the information over the phone in regards to some repairs needed upon delivery. I spoke to Tim on Wednesday and have not heard back as of yet. He is supposed to be in contact with John's RV who can assist here in Indiana on site. This was all issues upon delivery and inspection.
List of repairs:
- NEW UPDATE 04/20/15: Johns RV brought a ladder to remove a piece of film left on one of the decals. It did not come off very well and will need to be replaced.
- NEW UPDATE 04/20/15: We are still missing the keys to the outside kitchen and back control door.
- NEW UPDATE 04/20/15: Washer is leaking and soaked the bedroom carpet. My husband tried to tighten the back connection to the washer. We will attempt to try again next week.......after the carpet is dry.
- front passenger hydraulic leg slipping down LG CONCERN.....Update 04/12/15, ...Upon leaving the unit, re raised the front hydraulics stands, inserted cinder blocks just under the frame next to the stand in question, but not resting on the frame - blocks are approximately 1" below. When returning to the unit early this evening, we will be able to confirm if the front end has slipped downward onto the cinder blocks, confirming an issue.
- bunk house floor has raised 1" diameter areas (pic below) Johns RV states there must have been debris on the floor during installation......Update 04/12/15, ......When leaving the unit on Sunday, more areas along the edges have also raised up, causing additional air pockets. These are notable issues from original installation process.
- main floor between fireplace and bunk house entry has approx 2ft of raised air pockets and raised flooring along wall outside bunkhouse entrance. Also, a large dented floor area near the door to bunkhouse, maybe caused by tools upon install?
- shower enclosure not sealed (visible gaps). Update 04/17/2015, ......This will be checked more thoroughly this weekend, now that we will have running water.
- refrigerator top left door cannot open to even a 90* angle (not able to pull drawers inside, out). We believe it may just need to slide approx 1" to the right.
- Main bathroom lower cabinet door hinges need to be adjusted or rehung. Hung too close together and will not close without scrapping on one another. As they currently sit, they both have to be open and closed together carefully, One will not close on it's own. I assume this may just be an adjustment needed.
- Couch slide cornice has several large deep scratches approximately 2" in length. I suggested maybe a stain stick.....Johns RV feels it will not look right attempting this and mentioned a new piece of trim. He's probable correct on that.
NOTE for 04/17/2015:
- Upon arriving this evening, we will be checking all water lines. Our park just made our seasonal water supply available on 04/16/2015. We were not able to check for any leaks, etc, to lines and will update on any issues.
Johns RV service is available to do the work on site. Because these were issues upon delivery, I have contacted Tim in service and gave him Johns RV information to direct contact. Again, I have not heard back and would like to make this as seamless as possible. These are not issues that are happening over time, this is how we received the unit upon delivery.
Johns RV out of Elkhart, IN has also taken thorough photos for his work order. A flooring specialist will now have to come out and replace the bunkhouse floor completely and possibly the main floor as well. There is a very large concern with the floor issues and front support jack, that may not be fully supporting the unit, which can end up more costly down the road. May I ask who signed off on this unit to leave the dealer this way, especially the very noticeable flooring issues? I completely understand they are built on an assembly line and some of the smaller issues can be missed. But the flooring was very obvious first step into the unit and the delivery driver agreed. There were signed notes added on the release sheet prior to the driver leaving.
If someone can please contact me as to the next step with the service charges being handled to Johns RV, that would be wonderful. Thank you again! :-)