Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #1

Washing machine connections

Had a huge flood in my new 346 RET. The hot water line for the washing machine disconnected from the shutoff valve. Was wondering if it is common practice to use flexible hoses for this connection for the washer. On my previous trailer all water lines were the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-162743354.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	31438

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1051403583.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	31439

Paul
paulj4400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #2

Have not installed anything yet so I will try to remember and check mine this weekend. I would bet we have the same even though I have the SAQ365. I noticed even under my sinks the lines are red and blue for hot and cold and also flexible, not hard piped.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:37 PM   #3

Sorry for your luck! It is probably very common, although I would expect to see pex. The problem is that your clamp was in the wrong place(at least it appears that way from the pic). It looks like it was too far away from the fitting. If you re-clamp it with a worm clamp in the right place it should be fine.

I had the same thing in my 365SAQ, but it was the clamp for the cold line to the outdoor kitchen sink. It was not crimped properly, and it was too far away from the fitting. We would fill our water tank for a 5-7 day trip to the state park, and 2 days in we would be out of water. Then we would pull away from the site and there was a waterfall from the bottom of the camper. That line would just continuously leak all day long and the water pump would keep running as the pressure dropped.

What happened to quality being job #1?

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ
2008 F250 Lariat CCSB, Deleted and Tuned
mortal798 is offline   Reply With Quote