Old 01-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #11

Lucky I wish it was 40s.High here is 7 getting 12 below at night.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #12
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
The panel to remove is it inside the camper? I do have a docking station.
The pump on our 2012 Silverback is located, as others have said, behind a curved flexible black panel behind the docking station and accessible though the left side pass though compartment door.

I found it because we had a small water leak in that area that was coming from a loose filter housing located on the pump.

You should be able to locate it by simply turning it no - they're not too quiet.

Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 PM   #13
Steve & Phyllis

Just want to thank everyone. Went over and looked and the panel is just where you said. Should be warm enough in a few days to look at it.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #14

I believe there is no back flow valve per say. The head of the pump provides the back flow prevention. You will have to remove the pump head and hopefully re-position the 4 baffles inside. It's really easy to do and you can check the back flow prevent by blowing into the head before re-installing. I think there are 4 screws that have to be removed to get the head off. You do not want any water pressure applied to your system when you do this. You may have to remove the pump completely. There should be 4 screws holding the vibration isolator in place. All of this is predicated upon a pump similar to mine in my GT unit. I had the identical issue with mine and this is how I corrected it.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:42 AM   #15
Steve & Phyllis

Thanks bubbles. It should be warm enough next week to pull it out. Still in the forties and raining here. Dealer told me the style pump I have was discontinued and a better pump is being used now.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:09 PM   #16
Steve & Phyllis

Well the pump is exactly where you said. Just behind the access panel. The hoses are clamped on and no way to remove the clamps that I see. Hoses of course are cut to size so I would need to replace them if I cut them. I am beginning to think I better let the pros do it. I do know that a length of water line and some clamps need to be carried on trips in case a line breaks. Of course it would be one up inside that I couldn't reach by Murphy's Law!
Thanks again for all the help.
Old 01-19-2014, 08:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBingham52 View Post
Well the pump is exactly where you said. Just behind the access panel. The hoses are clamped on and no way to remove the clamps that I see. Hoses of course are cut to size so I would need to replace them if I cut them. I am beginning to think I better let the pros do it. I do know that a length of water line and some clamps need to be carried on trips in case a line breaks. Of course it would be one up inside that I couldn't reach by Murphy's Law!
Thanks again for all the help.
Steve, Shurflo pumps and others are fitted with threaded ends. You're looking at a "floating" nut screwed onto the the pump ends. The crimp you see is the hose to female screwed end.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #18

I have never seen an rv water pump that was connected with clamps. Be sure there is no water in your holding tank and all your unit faucetes are open to relieve pressure if you pull your pump. There may be some residual water in the lines connected to the pump.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #19

One other thing. If you pull the pump and if you blow into the pump output port and air comes out the pump input port then your pump is defective. You can open it up as mentioned and possibly determine the fault. Could be just crimped baffles as mine had.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #20
Steve & Phyllis

Going to replace it Friday. Service manager said to leave the panel off and drive in Friday morning and he would change it while I wait. They have great coffee and donuts there so I am ok with that. Getting ready to take a trip and just need to make sure all is well.