Old 11-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #1

"Winterizing System" handle-2010 345RET

I've always winterized my RVs. When they first came out I installed H2O heater bypass and pump winterizing valve kits so I'm not a novice at this.

I started winterizing our 2010 345 RET late this afternoon and I opened all the drain lines and faucets, drained the H2O heater and was about ready to blow out the lines and saw this blue "Winterizing System" handle in the service bay. I knew it was there and dah-huh, it just struck me that I might need to do something with it...yah think? (I can open the cavity behind the service area and chase it down, but I'm lazy and I figured I'd ask if anyone knew what it was on the forum and someone else might learn about the handle too.) Can anyone tell me how this handle is incorporated in the winterizing process on the 2010 345RET? (I hate to call the dealer.)

2001 Centurion Elite Bowrider direct drive
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
kerrlakelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #2

I love it when I answer myself. Figured it out. Drain the water lines, remove the filter cartridge, drain the H2O heater, bypass the H2O heater, switch H2O source to "City" and turn the "Winterizing System" handle to Winterize...drop a hose from where you connect city H2O into a gallon of antifreeze and turn on the pump. (You never have to blow out the lines again.) Turn on each faucet throughout the rig until you get antifreeze and you are done! The Winterize System handle is the same thing as the "Pump Converter Winterizer Kit" from CW. (Pump Converter Winterizer Kit - Camco 36543 - Winterizing - Camping World)

"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
Old 11-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #3

I have never heard of using your city water connection to add anti freeze. The water pump will not come on when you use the city water PSI to fill your lines when you hook it up at a CG. Your link shows a 2 way valve. that attaches to the pump itself and the clear hose go's into the bottle and the water pump then pulls the antifreeze in. that has nothing to do with your city water connection. The blue valve might be your hot water tank by-pass.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #4

My Sanibel uses a similar system. As you said, antifreeze goes into the city water connection and is sucked up by the pump.

I still think you should blow out the lines first. In the Sanibel case, the bypass setting for the water heater isolates a few feet of vinyl hose that will still have water in it if you don't blow everything out before turning on bypass.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #5

I totally agree with you GL. But, when I put that "Winterizing System" lever in winterize position, turned the water source lever to "City", that bad boy sucked antifreeze right out of the jug and into the system. I know what it did sounds wrong, but believe me...it did it. I intend on removing the panel and chasing down all the lines and valves in the next few days. Hey man, thanks for weighing in on this.
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
Old 11-20-2013, 05:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
My Sanibel uses a similar system. As you said, antifreeze goes into the city water connection and is sucked up by the pump.

I still think you should blow out the lines first. In the Sanibel case, the bypass setting for the water heater isolates a few feet of vinyl hose that will still have water in it if you don't blow everything out before turning on bypass.
Good point Barry. HA, when I chase down the lines, I may be dumping the antifreeze and blowing the lines out if I realize I have a line that may have some water still in it. It sure would be nice if FR would at least provide more details on the mechanical systems.
"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour
Old 11-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post

I do not doubt what you are saying there has to be valve that stops you city water and opens and sends it to the pump instead of fixtures if I'm understanding you. Is that how it works? I'm just wondering how that works, for my own knowledge only. I know my water pump will not come on when hooked to city water? even if I turn it on it won't run with the city water connected. Just trying to learn...Thanks
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #8

Glenn, maybe this will help: http://www.andersonbrass.com/rv_4_fu...ll_station.php
Old 11-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #9

I did not think that you were doubting me Glenn. This is a new one on me and I've had RVs for 30 years. I'll let you know how they have this thing plumbed when I dig into it.

"Old water skier"
Jesus Christ my Saviour

Tags
winter, winterize