Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
Member
 
Bigdale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 32
2001 Sierra Lite low point Drains. Help!!!!!HELP!!!!!!

Help help!!!! I have a 2001 Sierra Lite and I am not able to find where to open the low point drains. I can see the red and blue drains under the trailer, along with the drain plug from the main water tank, but there are no valves on them to open to drain: I have checked in every cabinet, by the water tank, by the outside water heater to no avail,. Any help would be appreciated.
__________________

Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: payson, az
Posts: 1,439
how are the ends of the drain tubes terminated? do they have a cap on them? if so you just screw off the cap. can you take a picture?
__________________

__________________
2015 cardinal model 3825fl
2015 dodge ram 3500 dually
CHICKDOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:43 PM   #3
Member
 
Bigdale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
how are the ends of the drain tubes terminated? do they have a cap on them? if so you just screw off the cap. can you take a picture?


No caps just tubes there. I tried to follow the lines back and there are just elbow with the lines coming down. I canít take a pic my trailer is in storage now.
Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
Just as confused as you
 
Scrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Rio, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,500
I think some have valves above where the lines go through the floor. Inside a cabinet, under fridge, behind a bottom drawer. Just have to look around unless someone has an identical unit.
__________________
Richard & Jill
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS Classic Super Lite
2018 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4WD All Star Edition
Camping since 1989, seasonal since 2000
Car Shredder Operator/Technician, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 12:59 AM   #5
Member
 
Bigdale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
I think some have valves above where the lines go through the floor. Inside a cabinet, under fridge, behind a bottom drawer. Just have to look around unless someone has an identical unit.


Thank you will scour inside the trailer. This is a bit ridiculous that I canít find em. I know it will be totally a obvious when I do.
Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:20 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
cavie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Posts: 3,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdale1 View Post
Thank you will scour inside the trailer. This is a bit ridiculous that I canít find em. I know it will be totally a obvious when I do.
Not obvious. Maybe hidden by a panel. But will be very close to straight up from the hoses. Assuming you are looking at blue and red pipes.
__________________
2002 27rk Wildcat 5er.
Port Charlotte Fl/Hinsdale Ma
Retired Master Electrician.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 01:39 PM   #7
Member
 
Bigdale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 32
Yes looking at a red and blue pipe I will go to the trailer today and snap a pic
Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 478
Both my units have had the low point drain valves up inside the camper above or near where they come out underneath. This is almost always under a cabinet and behind a drawer. So start pulling drawers out and looking in there with your flashlight. Say a prayer of forgiveness because you will be cussing at the engineer that thought it was a good idea to design and put it there. Shortee arms might need to call a neighbor to help.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:11 PM   #9
Member
 
Bigdale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 32
Lol!! I’ll get started!!!
Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 12:26 AM   #10
Member
 
Bigdale1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh1957 View Post
Both my units have had the low point drain valves up inside the camper above or near where they come out underneath. This is almost always under a cabinet and behind a drawer. So start pulling drawers out and looking in there with your flashlight. Say a prayer of forgiveness because you will be cussing at the engineer that thought it was a good idea to design and put it there. Shortee arms might need to call a neighbor to help.


Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2521.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	174037Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2518.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	252.2 KB
ID:	174038

Thanks for the help everyone!!! I found them!! Next to the water pump under a piece of carpet cover the gaping hole they put there to house them. I also found the water shut off to the water heater in my search for these drain valves. I can sleep now.
__________________

Bigdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drain, lite, sierra

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 AM.