Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-18-2012, 08:50 AM   #1

Angry 2012 Beauflor #464E Pearwood Plank flooring

-Just bought a brand new (special ordered) Sierra 323FK TT (2012)
-(BTW:We believe its the last 323FK to be built by F/R Sierra Division)
-Anyway I have a question about the Beauflor floring in it: It is bubbling in several places and getting worse every day.....we picked it up Friday 1/13 and got home on Sunday 1/15 with it.
-I didn't notice the bubbling during the demo, but it sure is now.
-I was under the impression that this vinyl flooring was much like the vinyl flooring sold in rolls for residential use, but this stuff feels weird, like the woodgrain aplique on old 70s station wagons-unless the actual woodgrain has come loose from ITS backing......anyone know IF this stuff HAS a backing or if its just stuck to the plywood floor???
Anyone else have trouble like this with this floor?
I can't seem to find any reference to it on the Beauflor site.......Thanks!
Sierra323fk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

If the floor is bubbling, it has to be a vinyl floor. Real wood would add to much weight. You check the entry door threshold, see if you can remove it, and then look at the floor thickness. Another place is a floor vent for the furnace, if you have them, remove one, and look at the floor thickness there. As for the bubbling, take pictures as best you can. Since it took 2 days to get home, don't know if you purchased that far away, or went camping. Get the pictures emailed to the service department of the dealer. This will establish a permanent record, date and time, and hopefully will be taken care of.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #3

Thanks!! Yes, I'm sure its a vinyl floor, just not sure IF its different from a household roll-vinyl or not, if it is the same them the actual vinyl is coming up from the backing, or if its an aplique then its stuck to the plywood floor and is coming up as well-its just the color description that kinda says "wood" I know its not real wood.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:09 AM   #4

I had the same problem with our vinyl floor as well (different brand though, Tarkett) - that's how I ended up here as I didn't know what to do. I checked your post and than decided just to contact the dealer we got it from. They were actually very helpful as there was a warranty that allows you to easily return the product without a lot of hassle. I do hope you kept the receipt though!
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #5

When you say easily return the product are you meaning the whole trailer or the floor?? We JUST bought the trailer-it was special ordered and was the last one of this model that will ever be built, so returning it really isn't an option.
We picked it up at the wholesale dealer in Ohio on 1/13 and drove to Florida and 2 days later the floor was bubbling up in many places-obviously the unit is BRAND NEW and its now at out local dealer getting assessed.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
Sierra Rep

beaufloor is the best flooring for RV's. if its bubbeling find where you can pull it tight like the door threshold. this floor will expand and contract depeding on temperature. it has a pvc backed under layment. normal vinyl has paperbacked under layment. that is why it tears so easy. google beaufloor and you will see just how good of a product it is. it is the leading flooring used in Europe.
Sierra14 is offline   Reply With Quote