Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #1

2013 356RL Sierra 5th Wheel

Hi All,

I have the opportunity to pick up a 2013 Sierra 356RL at a great price. It was lived in while the owner was having his house built and he now wants to sell it. What do you think of this coach? We have a 2003 Cedar Creek 38KTS now and we love it. They seem to be similar in weight and length, (the Sierra is about 800 pounds heavier). The current owner bought the coach new for close to $60K and is selling it for $33,900. I know what NADA says but I think that I will see what those who own one think.

Thanks for your comments and help.

Kitt
Reb Kitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #2

seen one out there for 39900 just sold so that seems like a good deal
vacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:40 PM   #3

$60k is the MSRP and pretty much nobody purchases for MSRP. You can purchase a brand new 2016 Sierra for $37k from RV wholesalers. Read through the forums for both Sierra & Sandpiper, since they're sister brands. It'd be wiser to have a warranty because there sure seems to be a lot of quality issues with these 2 brands.

We looked at a few 2014 Sandpiper models last week. Left over inventory on a dealer lot in Michigan. We were kind of shocked at the poor quality in so many areas of this brand. 4 inch crack in the exterior fiberglass in a slide corner, front door out of alignment, underbelly cover all warped with big gaps, most interior cabinet doors were misaligned, water dripping down the interior of the storage doors, rear bumper already rusting, bedroom closet door wouldn't even close it was so out of alignment. Awning lights all warped & becoming detached. These were just things we noticed from walking through it. Imagine what's happening behind the walls, ceiling & floor of these units.

Just read about this brand before you make your decision.

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4

Tags
2013, 5th wheel, sierra, wheel