Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 PM   #1

2014 Sierra 5th wheel 376BHOK Running Lights

Does anyone know where the fuse is for the running lights on this 5th wheel. I've blown the fuse, but can't find where it is located. I also can't find the 12volt converter.

I suspect it is under the rig somewhere, but I am real reluctant to completely pull off the protective cardboard cover under the rig. FR has used foam to (I suspect) insulate the basement.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Fred
fredcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:18 PM   #2

Are you sure it's not the fuse in your truck of a bad connection? I had the same issue when picking up my new sabre a couple months back and found a bad connection, I believe a ground problem. Brakes and turn signals worked, but no running lights.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:36 PM   #3

Nope - it's not the truck. I have disconnected the power cable from the truck and used a separate 12v source to check the various external lights. Brake and turn signal lights are ok - no running lights.

If I run a temporary bypass 12v wire to one of the external lights, everything works ok. Hence, it must be a fuse on the rig somewhere. I just can't find it.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:30 PM   #4

Finally found where the fuse was located. It's a 15amp fuse located in a fuse holder inside the trailer wire junction box (where the 12v power cable from the truck connects to the rig) mounted inside the pin box of the rig's hitch. Sure enough, the fuse was blown.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcrowley View Post
Finally found where the fuse was located. It's a 15amp fuse located in a fuse holder inside the trailer wire junction box (where the 12v power cable from the truck connects to the rig) mounted inside the pin box of the rig's hitch. Sure enough, the fuse was blown.
Glad you found and glad you shared. Good to know!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #6

wow, what a convenient easy place to access a fuse, huh?
glad you found it though. now I/we know where to look.
JoeNanMinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNanMinn View Post
wow, what a convenient easy place to access a fuse, huh?
glad you found it though. now I/we know where to look.
It would take me about 10 minutes to splice that wire and put the fuse somewhere easy to get to.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:27 PM   #8

Does anyone know how to adjust passenger side slideout ona 376bohk 2014? The top left side is tight and the top right side has room. Can I loosen the brackrt bolt and raise the screw to even both top side? Or is there an adjustment on the inside with the roller on the floor? Did anyone try this??
theist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, 5th wheel, light, sierra, wheel