Old 10-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #1

2016 Needs New Roof

Took delivery of our 2016 Sierra 377flik this past Friday 10/9 from Tom Johnson Camping World in Marion NC. While at the on site campground going over everything, I noticed an issue with the roof. It appears the flashing under the membrane where the roof comes 90 degrees over the side had come loose in a 8" section. This cause the flashing to push up on the roof membrane. Either the rivets or whatever they used popped loose. The tech guys came over and took pics for warranty work and went directly to the service center. I spoke with a service writer the following morning and said the unit would need a new roof. He said he should have authorization in a few days from Forest River. We also had a hydraulic landing gear problem when trying to hook up to drop the unit at the service center. Apparently that was a fuse, but the writer said he would also add that to the RO for warranty work. I spoke with him today and he stated he has heard nothing from Forest River. How long is a reasonable amount of time to wait? We were hoping to try and use the unit again for Thanksgiving weekend. Is there a specific number or person that I can talk to and see if things are progressing? As new as the unit was, I was hoping FR would would possibly expedite the ok on the work. Thanks!!

Old 10-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #2

It will take awhile. Our fiver has been in the shop for 6 weeks now and still no eta. FR has drug its feet on some warranty work and the dealer is still trying to figure out a water leak on the front cap. I'm having a similar issue with my roof as well. I need to call the dealer and see what they've found out on this.

Old 10-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #3

I have a 2015 Sierra 376BHOK and I am experiencing the same exact problems. The rear drivers side of my unit has the same raised coping under the membrane and I also noticed it about 2/3 up towards the front of the unit. And yes I have the same water leak in the nose cone that my dealer can't seem to fix after 3 visits. I was told by my dealer that FR will not touch the roof issue unless it punctures the membrane. They said that it is not necessary to lift the roof if it is not torn. I however believe that after spending over $42,000 on a camper it should be perfect no matter how small the issue. If you get authorization please let me know. Good luck.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:47 PM   #4

Oh, and I forgot to add that the friction hinges on my entry door were either too tight or incorrectly installed which caused my entry door to split wide open where it attaches by the hinges. I had a number for a couple of guys at FR but I will have to look for it. Their names are Jeff Johnson and Scott Hunt. If you call the FR number you can ask for them in the sierra portion of the plant.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:16 PM   #5

I should have gotten the ok for repairs last Friday regarding the roof. Initially they wanted to must lift up the sides and reattach the plastic flashing underneath. The service writer told them no, to be done correctly the roof needs to be redone so they can inspect the rest underneath. I'll call him tomorrow and see where we're at. I was also told he has another unit with the same issues.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:26 PM   #6

Well let's make that a third unit.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:58 PM   #7

There's another guy on here who is having the same exact problem also. That makes 4.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:59 PM   #8

His is a Flagstaff tho....
Old 10-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #9

Good grief! That is not a good situation! You think FR knows about this? Sounds like a manufacturing issue at the plant. Hope everything turns out for everyone!
2015: 18 days; 2016: 21 days; 2017: 16 days (so far)
elchilero53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:09 AM   #10

I'm in NJ. FR will know very soon from me.

Tags
roo, roof