Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: WI
Posts: 121
3 questions - Sierra 2017 401flx

Wondering about the main awning. I see a twist knob on each arm and wondering if the knobs should be tightly twisted at all times - while lowering and rewinding? There were loose, and with a lot of rain, the one side flopped down and the rain drained, and then that side auto. rose up again. Wondering the exact method of awning operation, and if there is a way to align it beforehand with a tilt to one side?

I have an awning covering the top of the main slide-out but it is not taught and the water pools across the sag. Wondering if there is an adjustment on that awning which can tighten it.

Lastly, has anyone chosen a good "place" to screw in the T.P. holder in bathroom? We have not decided on a good place for it yet ;-)
__________________

dcavaiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: WI
Posts: 121
Awning Issues

I did find a Dometic 9100 awning manual online so question #1 is answered.

http://liferebooted.net/life-reboote...g%20Manual.pdf
__________________

dcavaiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
chop249's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burleson, Tx.
Posts: 390
Twist knobs should be tightened when it is out. I don't think you can access them when it is retracted. I could be wrong but on any of ours we never have been able to.

Can't answer #2 as I haven't had those.

#3 we mounted our on the wall adjacent to the hall. It was that or on the sink or behind you on the wall the toilet is against. We have a 2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK. I imagine your options are much the same.
__________________
Bob
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK with an extremely CRAPPY A/C!!!
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
Wondering about the main awning. I see a twist knob on each arm and wondering if the knobs should be tightly twisted at all times - while lowering and rewinding? There were loose, and with a lot of rain, the one side flopped down and the rain drained, and then that side auto. rose up again. Wondering the exact method of awning operation, and if there is a way to align it beforehand with a tilt to one side?

I have an awning covering the top of the main slide-out but it is not taught and the water pools across the sag. Wondering if there is an adjustment on that awning which can tighten it.

Lastly, has anyone chosen a good "place" to screw in the T.P. holder in bathroom? We have not decided on a good place for it yet ;-)
The knobs can be tightened to help keep the awning in the up position, or you can pull it in the lower position and tighten the knobs to hold it down. Either way is only good for light to no wind. If you wany to keep it out, I would put it in the lower position, hold it down by tightening the knobs, and attaching a hold down line.

A good place for the TP holder would be in the door or on the cabinet door, inside or outside of cabinet. I personally got a free standing holder.dean.buttry@sbcglobal.net

Looking around, I found that all slide out covers sag. I just made my own with lightweight corrugated roofing sheets and pc pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
I did find a Dometic 9100 awning manual online so question #1 is answered.

http://liferebooted.net/life-reboote...g%20Manual.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Twist knobs should be tightened when it is out. I don't think you can access them when it is retracted. I could be wrong but on any of ours we never have been able to.

Can't answer #2 as I haven't had those.

#3 we mounted our on the wall adjacent to the hall. It was that or on the sink or behind you on the wall the toilet is against. We have a 2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK. I imagine your options are much the same.
Dino-RV-Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sierra

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.