Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2017, 08:03 PM   #1

3 questions - Sierra 2017 401flx

Wondering about the main awning. I see a twist knob on each arm and wondering if the knobs should be tightly twisted at all times - while lowering and rewinding? There were loose, and with a lot of rain, the one side flopped down and the rain drained, and then that side auto. rose up again. Wondering the exact method of awning operation, and if there is a way to align it beforehand with a tilt to one side?

I have an awning covering the top of the main slide-out but it is not taught and the water pools across the sag. Wondering if there is an adjustment on that awning which can tighten it.

Lastly, has anyone chosen a good "place" to screw in the T.P. holder in bathroom? We have not decided on a good place for it yet ;-)
dcavaiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 AM   #2

Awning Issues

I did find a Dometic 9100 awning manual online so question #1 is answered.

http://liferebooted.net/life-reboote...g%20Manual.pdf
dcavaiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #3

Twist knobs should be tightened when it is out. I don't think you can access them when it is retracted. I could be wrong but on any of ours we never have been able to.

Can't answer #2 as I haven't had those.

#3 we mounted our on the wall adjacent to the hall. It was that or on the sink or behind you on the wall the toilet is against. We have a 2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK. I imagine your options are much the same.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 05:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
Wondering about the main awning. I see a twist knob on each arm and wondering if the knobs should be tightly twisted at all times - while lowering and rewinding? There were loose, and with a lot of rain, the one side flopped down and the rain drained, and then that side auto. rose up again. Wondering the exact method of awning operation, and if there is a way to align it beforehand with a tilt to one side?

I have an awning covering the top of the main slide-out but it is not taught and the water pools across the sag. Wondering if there is an adjustment on that awning which can tighten it.

Lastly, has anyone chosen a good "place" to screw in the T.P. holder in bathroom? We have not decided on a good place for it yet ;-)
The knobs can be tightened to help keep the awning in the up position, or you can pull it in the lower position and tighten the knobs to hold it down. Either way is only good for light to no wind. If you wany to keep it out, I would put it in the lower position, hold it down by tightening the knobs, and attaching a hold down line.

A good place for the TP holder would be in the door or on the cabinet door, inside or outside of cabinet. I personally got a free standing holder.dean.buttry@sbcglobal.net

Looking around, I found that all slide out covers sag. I just made my own with lightweight corrugated roofing sheets and pc pipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcavaiani View Post
I did find a Dometic 9100 awning manual online so question #1 is answered.

http://liferebooted.net/life-reboote...g%20Manual.pdf
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Twist knobs should be tightened when it is out. I don't think you can access them when it is retracted. I could be wrong but on any of ours we never have been able to.

Can't answer #2 as I haven't had those.

#3 we mounted our on the wall adjacent to the hall. It was that or on the sink or behind you on the wall the toilet is against. We have a 2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK. I imagine your options are much the same.
Dino-RV-Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sierra