Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoo View Post
I guess i dont understand how putting in more vents helps cause the vents it has does not put out much air, so y does putting in more no air blowing vents help????
This is what I found: When I looked under the main unit cover, I was able
to see a foam tape membrane that seals off the cold air from the warm
(return) and that membrane was bulging. I could push on it, and it seemed
like the unit had more air pressure then it could push out. I do know what
you mean, it seems like it doesn’t push much air through the vents but I
think that’s from the diffusing of the air. I popped the air vent covers
off the last air vent in the bunk house, and the last air vent in the
master and the pressure seemed to be released. That’s when I decided the
unit could use some more vents.

Here are the pictures of the additional 3 vents with one open where you can
see how I taped off all vents including the original factory vents to
ensure all air was coming through the vents and not into void areas.

Since it seems these trailers are manufactured on the fly, I would suggest measuring from your existing vents and not going by my measurements.

The first pic, you see in the living room where I cut in the 3rd vent, forward of the main AC unit, on the slide-out side.

Second pic, shows master bedroom, you can see where I cut in the 2nd vent, near the sliding door but in line with the vent factory installed by the closet.

Third pic shows how I taped off all factor and new vents, and this vent was in the bunkhouse, just on the bathroom side of the seam in the ceiling, in line with the factory installed vent.

Someone mentioned they had a 2012 with only 1 vent in the kitchen area. Someone else had also mentioned that. That was an original design. Mine has a vent above the sink, and then again closer to the refrigerator.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	livingroom.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	17079   Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	17080   Click image for larger version

Name:	bunkhouse.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	17081  
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #62

I forgot to mention, I used a saber saw (if I spelled that correctly).

I measured the distance from the wall to an existing vent and made a small hash mark where the new vent was to be installed. I took a new vent and traced the outside of that vent using a builder's pencil. Then i took a carpenters knife and wiggled it through the ceiling in that spot. That gave me a starting spot for the saber saw. I'm sure a small drill bit would also work. I cut the round circle, and then I used the utility knife again to assist in cutting out the styrofoam duct work. Taped it all off, and that's that.
Attached Images

Old 08-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #63

How do you know where the ac ducts are? We are going to be camping soon and only have 30 amp service so this mod would be ideal!
Ben_holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #64

i have a 2012 365 that i took delivery on the 25th of aug. 2011 so far the only problems we've had dealt mostly with the sofa beds not being level took some time but finally got everything resolved. also had problem with the flooring bubling in the rear bath area , pulled the floor up to make sure there were no leaks and reglued. just called today since the original warranty is due to expire but we did take out the extended warraty, had a problem with an odor in the rear bunk area found out that the vent pipes are not long enough they do not protrude thru the boot on the roof so they are venting into the living area also had a problem with the dvd player that they are checking out the other thing we found out is that not every forest river dealer will perform warranty work on your unit only the dealership you purchased it from and forest river will not help you on this issue we found out the hard way we purchased the trailer in our home state of pa. but keeep it on a permanent site in an other state when we had the problems we found a local dealership where we have it set up but they would not do any of the warranty work since it was all mostly cosmetic stuff i thought it was rediculous to have to tow it roghly 300 miles with the cost of diesel, but we did find a reasonable soluthion i had a locale rv mechanic write up an estimate and had forest river preapprove the work of which they reimbursed me for everything so problem solved other wise my wife & i love the unit
rangerbob2926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #65

yea and they say buy american i do believe the warranty should be a lot longer than 1 year the workmanship is terrible one of the responses i got was what do you expect from a trailer that only costs 50k
rangerbob2926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:29 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_holder View Post
How do you know where the ac ducts are? We are going to be camping soon and only have 30 amp service so this mod would be ideal!
They come off each side of the AC. One vent goes toward the rear of the coach and one goes forward. To know exactly where your ducts are, look for your vents. You can pop a vent cover off very easily and put your hand up into the duct. You can feel around and get a sense of how wide the duct is, and if your vent is centered within the duct, or to one side. This info then can help you when measuring for the new vents. I used the existing vents to measure for my new ones. Just remember, not both ducts run the entire length of the camper. One moves forward and one back, so your vents will always be in line with the existing vents in that area.

I hope this makes sense.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:55 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog View Post
Ok...question lol....does anyone know why forest river put a window on the back side of the main slide out??? All you see is the side of the bunkroom slide out
My wife and I wondered the same.
holmesteam4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:53 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beausdog
Ok...question lol....does anyone know why forest river put a window on the back side of the main slide out??? All you see is the side of the bunkroom slide out
It lets in more natural light.

Tags
365, 365 saq