Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2012, 05:31 AM   #1

365 saq

N
My 2013 sierra should be in next week. Can't wait! !! Anyone have any problem s that we should look out for.? Thanks.

CAMPING DAY FOR 2012 = 13 days Great
steven king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #2

Had ours for a year now and no problems at all, other than a slide needing realiment, but I wil caution you if you have the outside kitchen then the ledge under the fold up bed should not be used as a step to get in the upper bunk as it is not sturdy enoght to hold any weight and will break.

Enjoy it
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #3

365 saq

We have used our 365 saq Sandpiper once for a "trial run". Here was what we found on the maiden voyage.
1. Had a drawer in the bedroom that didn't shut and stay shut.
2. Awning had small hole next to camper and leaked down on flood light.
3. Carpet on the steps had a screw or staple that would stick our feet.
4. Grill on back bumper wouldn't line up to latch.
5. Floor "bubbling" near dinette and couch. (We have the simulated hardwood looking flooring that runs all the way into the bunk room.
6. Storage locks need to be adjusted. ( you can open them even when locked).

It has been at the dealer for a week and I called today and they have been working on these items. Said they would take care of everything. Glad I bought local!!!!! Were going to pick it up tomorrow because were going camping next weekend. They said they would have everything fixed except the flooring and to bring it and drop it off on the way home from our next camping trip and they will get it fixed for us. So far have had great LOCAL dealer support. A little disappointed at the quality of the coach though.
carsonizik3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #4

We only had one big issue...it was with the outdoor kitchen We had the entire upper cabinet area replaced. At the factory they didn't pre-drill the holes for the screws that they hinges use and as there was 4 screws holding each cupboard door, it split the entire piece of "wood". They ordered a whole new cupboard system and had to pull the whole thing apart to replace it.

Other than that, we had a few other small issues.
- The bunk on the bottom on the outdoor kitchen slide broke. I turned out the metal frame was not welded properly and had to be replaced (common issue that I have read about).
- We also had a few cupboards on the inside kitchen out of alignment.
- Outdoor storage garage was out of alignment. We had them add a second latch to hold it up. Forest River said they wouldn't add it under warranty as the design was fine... which seems a contradiction as I see is the standard now on the 2013s.

This is our second new RV from same dealer in the last 3 years, so they took excellent care of us.

We are extremely happy overall with the 365 SAQ and would highly suggest it to anyone who has kids and possibly others that will want to come camping. We use ours in a seasonal manner and don't even own a truck to tow it with for that reason. We are planning for a few visitors this year and we have worked out how 2 extra kids and parents can fit in there.. will be tight but for a weekend of kids having a blast, well worth it.

Enjoy.
TitanFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #5

We took delivery of our 2013 365saq at the end of March. It is an absolute gorgeous 5er and we have only encountered 2 problems since delivery. One of the compartment hatch locks does not line up and can be opened when locked and the faux wood floor is bubbling on 2 places on our rig. We are going to take it back for repair early in May. I have seen other post saying these are 2 of the common problems on this unit in particular but I have also seen post stating that the dual AC units do no keep the rig cool in the hot summer months. I hope this is not the case since we live in Southeast Texas and it gets extremely hot during summertime. Has anyone had this problem and what are the corrective action you have taken to fix it?
Pro Beachbums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM   #6

We had to have the locks replaced on the starboard side storage door as the key was hard to insert in both locks and they wouldn't always actually lock, even though it looked like they were. We also had a couple of bubbles as well in the flooring. The used a hypodermic needle to inject glue. It took care of the problem, so I'm happy.
Rbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #7

As for the a/c, while we haven't had any super hot weather here in Michigan, the dual a/c has been used a few times, and it worked well. I'm glad that I got the extra unit, although I would have preferred a low profile unit on the front one, as that is the highest point on the trailer, and it's at 13' 4" !! Two inches shy of the max allowable in Michigan!
Rbonnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #8

We have a 2012 365 SAQ and we live in Texas. With both A/C running doesn't keep the coach cool.
williamsrw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #9

Does anyone have a 365 saq that keeps the unit cool or is it just such a big unit that it has a hard time keeping cool? I have not had hot enough weather in Ga to put it to a test yet!
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #10

I think the AC unit is big enough that comes with the trailer. Its my opinion Forest River didn't put enough air ducts in the unit to keep it cool.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #11

We added a low profile 15 K second unit between the two units the coach stays pretty cool. I also had to clean up some of the duck openings to get the air into them around the primary unit. The way I figured that out was to slide the output so all the air came down out of the unit, it cooled the unit well, but when I slide the blocks back to force the air into the ducts it did not cool as well, you may want to try that on yours as well.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #12

Camper_lucy are you saying you have three a/c in your trailer?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #13

We r planning to put a third a/c in the back bedroom!! ASAP
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #14

Can you run all three at the same time?
Old 06-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #15

I am planning on just using a seperate cord out the back somewhere so i can plug it in, so yes i will b able to run all three at the same time
Old 06-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsrw2002 View Post
I think the AC unit is big enough that comes with the trailer. Its my opinion Forest River didn't put enough air ducts in the unit to keep it cool.
I agree. Coming from an '11 355QBQ to a '12 365SAQ, we noticed the difference in the ducts in the bunkroom. Our 355 stayed cold in that area, but the 365 only has one duct in the room. It stays much warmer back there than the 355. We use a fan to circulate the air which helps a lot. Agreed, we shouldn't have to do it, but that's the way ours is.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #17

Hmmmm.

I live in Nebraska and with the Midwest heat and humidity... along with the fact that most of our state parks are abour 90% 30amp and just a few 50 amp here and there... I have also been thinking about ways to get more cooling power in our 365. We do have a bedroom unit and yes, I agree it was dumb of Forest River to use a standard unit up there and not a low profile unit, but I am also concerned about the amount of ducts and how well the air is moved. You have to think about the height inside this unit as well. The camper is just huge and not only the length, and lack of vents for the primary unit hamper the cooling power, but the inside ceiling height is also an issue... since heat rises.

I have cleaned out my ducts. I have also installed aluminum tape around each duct behind the removable vent to ensure air is not being lost under the styrofoam ducting and it's actually has the ability to flow out the vent, but I also installed a stop at both bedrooms as the ducts seemed to go on to "no where???". On thing I wonder is the upstairs run has one vent in the bathroom, and one in the bedroom. That's it. The lower run has two in the living area, one in the rear bathroom, and one in the rear bedroom. I have thought about cutting in one new vent in the living space, forward of the unit, but on the side that supplies the upstairs. I think the living area needs three vents. I also have been thinking about cutting in another vent in the master as we (unfortunately) aren't using 50amp most of the time due to no availability and cannot use the upstairs unit (which is also very loud)

As for the bunkhouse. I sealed out the rear bathroom vent 50% with aluminum tape and am thinking about cutting in another vent in the bunkhouse. I have also thought about another a/c back there. Like Smoo is speaking of... I think it would be somewhat simple to get a unit back there that you run to an outlet on the back of the trailer, possibly just using conduit thought the rear closets and behind the drawers, and right out the back. If you think about it, most electrical peds are toward the back of the pad anyway and this would just plug into the 20amp plug they all provide.

We would end up using the 30amp or 50amp plug and then also running a 20amp standard plug for the rear ac/c only.

Finally.... my thought is, do I try to buy a low profile quiet unit for the master and move the louder high profile unit to the bunkhouse where the rear roofline slopes anyway, and lower my total height some, or do I just buy a cheap unit and throw it in the back room.

Sorry for my documentary, but I am curious what Smoo is thinking, and also what everyone else is thinking. One a/c for a 20amp I think would be okay. I was going to splurge and just buy a portable unit from Home Depot for the bunhouse for 300.00 but I think it'd be nice to just have one installed. Any thoughts? Any issues? What would you do between the higher profile loud unit in master and potential new unit purchase?

We were out this last weekend. Actually had 50amp. Outside temp this morning at 11am was 86 degrees, I had the bedroom unit on high and faced one vent to blow down the hall / stairs as best I could. The other unit was running set at 72 degrees. Unit was 77 according to my digital indoor / outdoor thermometer. That's not even at full heat yet. It's just too much for the main unit they are using.
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #18

Yea i think a 20 amp plug will work fine, i have thought about swapping the master to the back also but idk yet, it was 110 today at the lake today and u could hang beef in the master but the main level was just to warm for me, we have got to put a third unit on back, i think the problem will b solved then, u r right the roof is just so tall and the unit is just long thats it takes alot of cooling!!!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #19

I was at the Stealership last night, and thought I'd ask about the cost of an additional A/C unit. Also asked if they had any take-off's or maybe used hailed units or something in-expensive. When asking what I was going to do, I told them and the parts guy is stating that we'd never get a 3rd a/c to run on 20amp, I re-iterated, that it'd be the only thing plugged into the 20amp circuit. He said on startup, it'd probably pull 22 to 23 amps. I am ever curious about this, I could swear I have hooked up my unit at home using a 50amp to 30amp, to 20amp converter and ran the bedroom air, and that's off a cheap 100 foot extension cord. I will have to re-try this. I did see on Ebay, adventure RV is selling new dometic Brisk Air 13,500 units for 469, plus 69 shipping with 3 yr warranty. They claim to be hailed on, but I don't care. It's for a 3rd unit for the bunkhouse only. Anyone have input?
cmptrkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:06 PM   #20

20 amp plug/supply wont run the ac. It might run for a few min and then kick the breaker. In know I have tried it. It will take at least 23 amps at start up for sure.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq